DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: Name one(/more if you have to) genre or subgenre of music you HATE! (and why)  (Read 9274 times)
Jamesman
Crown Caster
Inactive

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 01:54:01 PM »

Country is bleh for me (save Johnny Cash).
Most secular rap sucks, Christian rap, when done right, is surprisingly good.
Trance/house whatever is horrible.
80's pop is kinda blah, and 80's hair metal isn't much better (*runs from Blob*)
Some modern pop music is really crappy.
Emo is really bad. Anything that is remotely "emoish" in nature seems to be just bad, save a few good bands.
Metalcore is alright if done right and balanced.
Black and death metal mostly suck as well, as does most power metal.

I mainly like rock, metal, Christian music, some pop, classical, jazz, blues, instrumental whatever, and prog.
dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 02:38:51 PM »

Rap R&B hiphop... it's all uninspired crap...

Fair enough you don't have to like it but why do you think it's "all uninspired crap"? Rap is very much inspired but is to many people not inspiring. Is this what you mean?

sorry sorry... very true, but a lot of the music in that genre... is just crap, if you get my point Wink Tongue

dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 02:22:24 PM »

Dance

I just don't get or feel what's so "cool" about it. This past Halloween I was at a party were David Guetta was playing, as I understand he is one of the best DJ's in the genre, and I swear I was the only one standing while everyone around was going nuts. I was just like "why are they going nuts? The music is not that great."

And anything remotely "emoish" is just crap to me.

Opeth - Deliverance

LudwigVan
Forum Elder

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2008, 03:54:31 PM »

Any metal sub-genre that ends with '-core'
zerogravityfat
Forum Elder

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 07:24:30 AM »

there isn't one genre i can hate, i find a band that i enjoy in all of them. i was channel surfin last night and bumped into a wu-tang concert, and realized that i was there, that was an awesome experience, they can really get the crowd going. i love johnny cash, and i suppose he is country-ish, though i can say i dislike the vast majority of country, really not my thing. christian rock doesn't even know where they are going, they just want to be hip with the youth, so i guess that is a major dislike.

charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 07:24:18 AM »

This thread makes me wonder how much hip-hop you guys have actually heard. Because, just like in every genre, the mainstream acts are not representative of the entire genre and it doesn't seem very "open-minded" to blow it off completely, based on those crappy examples (I hate the hip-hop on the radio, but like some other artists).

Well spoken,Rorororo!
I actually like some hip hop artists and rap artists as well!
In particular the song "Kill my Landlord" by Eddie Murphy.   

"I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band"....
..................."The Moody Blues"
SeaWolf
Aquatic Canine
Forum Member

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 05:34:11 AM »

christian metal/rock
rap
hip-hop
metalcore
punk/emo
glam metal

christian stuff is just absolutely lame, rap i cant relate too cuz im a lameass white guy, hip-hop is too upbeat and overrated, metalcore just scares me (image and sound), emo i HATEHATEHATE the most because they need to stop cutting themselves and writing emo poetry and focus on having a good time; plus they have a bad sense of hairstyle, and im no hair stylist) and glam metal is just too poppy and just too many songs about sex (like rap) 

im out of breath

I'm guessing you've never heard Tourniquet, Believer, Mortification, or Saviour Machine.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Add bookmark | Print
Jump to: