DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: Forum reluctance! (& an O3 spiritual discussion)  (Read 35920 times)
charliedominici
Administrator

« on: March 18, 2008, 04:22:58 AM »

As VFS can tell you, I was reluctant to have a forum at all on my new page. This was mainly due to the many years I have watched how people of the various forums mis-use the power of the written word(that somehow makes people think whatever is written is true because they see it in print) like the one I read on the JP forum where some guy made up this TOTALLY fabricated story about how I threw him out of the sound check at the Croatia "DT/DOMINICI" show last summer. I was appalled! Anyone who knows me would know that it would be TOTALLY out of my character to have done that, not to mention impossible since it was not my show,it was a DT show. Only DT can throw anyone out. Anyway,many people immediately responded with comments like"what a shame,it's too bad when famoue people act this way" and blah,blah,blah "what in idiot Charlie is".Well many other times I have seen this kind of misuse of power by pea-brained users of these forums(present company excluded,of course ). I then realized that I do not need to stoop to their level and even gratify them with a response. Then again,I am a hot blooded Italian(Sicilian to be exact,even worse) so I sometimes cannot contain my emotions when I see stuff like that. My point is,I do not like rules,and I really want this forum to be a place where people can share ideas and such but I will not tolerate any personal attacks,true or otherwise and I do not wish to see this become a place where people try to either defend or refute other peoples beliefs,religious or otherwise. In other words, no pea-brained bickering PLEASE!
Which brings me to a point that I feel a need to address for the record.
My trilogy is a sci-fi thriller, not unlike the movies:"Independence Day,Star Wars,Star Trek" etc.
I am not trying to say that there is no God,(although If I'm not mistaken ,I do have a right to express my beliefs as well  because although I may be in Europe right now I am an American citizen and damn proud of it and the FREEDOM OF SPEECH that comes with it,thanks to my many brave fighting brothers who are willing to die to preserve that right for me)I am not trying to blaspheme any religion,including but not limited to Christian,Catholic,Muslim,Buddhist,Mormon or any of the other numerous dogmatic ritualistic archaic beliefs that are causing the eventual destuction of my world  right now AS WE SPEAK, not that it might give me the right to speak out about it or anything,right? YEA, RIGHT!
To all those who got their panties in an uproar over the lyrics of part 3  I have this to say.
You should be much more concerned about the sex scandles and other ruinous behaviour of your so-called "religious" leaders than you seem to be about my totally fictional piece of musical entertainment.
Hello??? McFly???
CD
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 01:02:54 PM by VFS » Logged

"I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band"....
..................."The Moody Blues"
VFS
The Webmistress otherwise known as JustJen
Administrator

Do you think it was an inside job?

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 04:32:42 AM »

Regarding this quote:

My point is,I do not like rules,and I really want this forum to be a place where people can share ideas and such but I will not tolerate and personal attacks,true or otherwise and I do not wish to see this become a place where people try to either defend or refute other peoples beliefs,religious or otherwise. In other words, no pea-brained bickering PLEASE!

I'd just like to re-iterate this part of The Rules for all members to remain fully conscious of:

Insults or senseless bashing of the band members of Dominici and/or their music will not be tolerated.  Honest, open critique is always allowed, provided it does not cross the line and become bashing, belittling, etc.

This is, first and foremost, an online community for Dominici fans.  As such, respect for the band, the forum community, and your fellow posters are our paramount concern. 

I'm sure we will have no problems here with the high quality of posters we've so far attracted, but I'd be remiss in not mentioning it.

</public service announcement>

Join the DOMINICI Groups at: last.fm - Facebook - StudivVZ.net (German)
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 05:02:22 AM »

Thanks VFS! I want to share something very personal with you all. My dear departed Sicilian mom,in her infinite wisdom had a little creed that she lived by.
What she always used to say was:
"You be nice and I'll be nice"
As simple and obvious as it might seem on the surface, it took me years to understand it.
I could see the implications(read between the lines) What she was also saying was if you are not nice,you are going to be in a world of hurt!
The biggest impact this little "creed" has had on my life was this. I eventually realized that this was the whole problem in the entire world! Humans have trouble just being "nice" to each other. Respect,honor,generosity seem to be qualities that are becoming more and more scarce on the entire planet each day.I was a teen in the late sixties. We also had a creed.
"If you are not part of the solution then you are part of the problem" was our battle cry!
We were hippies then. Unfortunately,most of those same revolutionaries later went on to become Wall St. execs and the like (Abbie Hoffman for one). I am very much an activist still and probably more today than ever. You will notice as you see more and more of what I am trying to do with my music and lyrics just how much of a soldier I still am for this great cause.
It is quite a burden sometimes because it is so much easier to just be "part of the problem".
I just wanted to give you all this little insight into my motivations in case you want to bail out of our little "Cult of  the New Revolution" as I am tempted to call it. "The Beatles" and John Lennon tried to change the world. I intend to finish the job.
"Join The Fight"!!!

Cecilia
upcoming postwhore
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 05:29:38 AM »

Sicilians are hot (geez I'm such a horndog)!

Well said Charlie!
I think that people make up crap because they are bored with their lives and want to see what harsh effectes they have on people.

I really like this forum with all of our members. It's actually one of my favorite forums.

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 05:44:18 AM »

I agree with Cecilia, well spoken, Charlie. 

In fact this is the only forum I've ever bothered to really participate. I've been lurking around mp.com for 5 years now, and I have like just a little over 100 posts. Y'all guys (oh no, the louisina girl comes through) are great and it is very rewarding to post here.
Cecilia
upcoming postwhore
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 06:31:24 AM »

I've been lurking around mp.com for 5 years now, and I have like just a little over 100 posts.

Oh man, on the other hand, I've been posting for 5 years now, and have like just a little less than 8,000 posts. 

karpatisz
Forum Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 07:47:54 AM »

What a s...t speech. I heard Dominici - O3 Part 2 live in Budapest. It was awesome. Some people said after that gig Dominici's show was much better the DT's. So I don't understand what's happening at that man's head who said these bad words.   

Szabolcs
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 08:30:33 AM »

Yea,hehe..I guess it's no secret that we plan to give DT a run for their money as well. You know,It's not only all about how fast you can play or how high you can sing. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way ragging on or trying to belittle DT. They are awesome!
However, we have something a little-wait actually a LOT different. Some people just have one dimentional thinking and are unable to see it. Kudos to all of my forum guys and gals for being able to lift the veil from their ears and minds and see it! Unlike some of the other forum residents elswhere on the net, I am sure that you guys are able to appreciate BOTH bands along with our other great  prog-metal brothers!
HAIL TO PROG METAL!

ZeppelinDT
Resident Collectaholic
Global Moderator

Chaaaaaaaaaalieeee!

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 10:20:19 AM »

... It's not only all about ... how high you can sing...

Sometimes when I'm listening to headphones on a flight I sing along... that's probalby that highest I've ever sang.

:tard:

One a scale from one to awesome, I'm super-great!
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 12:07:02 PM »

I am sure that you guys are able to appreciate BOTH bands along with our other great  prog-metal brothers!
HAIL TO PROG METAL!

Phantasmatron
Forum Elder

What the Jenkins?!

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 12:12:23 PM »

So...I just want to try a little experiment here.  

Phantasmatron, you're a fucking prick.  Go kill yourself.

Okay, so will I get banned for that, since it's technically a personal attack? Tongue

Anyway, hopefully because of Charlie's statements in this thread and some of the moderators on DTF we can put this whole DTF/Dominici inter-forum drama behind us.  

That reminds me, I found your pants in the fridge this morning.

I have no idea what just happened, but I can only assume that I was an indispensable contributor.
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 12:21:43 PM »

So...I just want to try a little experiment here.  

Phantasmatron, you're a fucking prick.  Go kill yourself.

Okay, so will I get banned for that, since it's technically a personal attack? Tongue

Anyway, hopefully because of Charlie's statements in this thread and some of the moderators on DTF we can put this whole DTF/Dominici inter-forum drama behind us.  

No actually ragging on yourself is not only permitted,it is encouraged! It is the first step to self improvement!
I am sometimes the biggest asshole I know,but at lease I know what I'm talking about when I say that!

Phantasmatron
Forum Elder

What the Jenkins?!

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 12:22:42 PM »

Awesome!  A free pass to make fun of myself!   

I have no idea what just happened, but I can only assume that I was an indispensable contributor.
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 03:13:10 PM »

Yeah, I am also a proud member of this forum. I've been a member of two forums in my life, and one was madatory since it was when a custom guitar of mine was being built  So this is my first ever "time-waster" forum, which I enjoy wasting time on!

Addressing the "people are assholes" thing, its true, but especially true on the internet. Cyber interaction seems to give some people a gateway to become a "god" that can destroy anyone, so they can say whatever they want, to whoever they want, and that little mental "asshole" filter, is removed completely. I am glad people on these forums are so sophisticated, and encourage one another. I mean, we all have our differences in opinions, and sure, we damn well joke, but I'm glad no one means open harm (though I think Charlie might have with his spanking threats haha) and we all get a long like one big, weird family! 

But seriously, not just to Charlie, but to ANYONE, don't let jerks (especially "cyber" jerks) bring you down. Thats all they are, is jerks. Half the time they couldn't tie their shoes any better than they can fire off insults or make up stories. At least here we can all gang up and stomp those juvinille assholes! 
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 03:15:55 PM »

Yeah, I am also a proud member of this forum. I've been a member of two forums in my life, and one was madatory since it was when a custom guitar of mine was being built  So this is my first ever "time-waster" forum, which I enjoy wasting time on!

Addressing the "people are assholes" thing, its true, but especially true on the internet. Cyber interaction seems to give some people a gateway to become a "god" that can destroy anyone, so they can say whatever they want, to whoever they want, and that little mental "asshole" filter, is removed completely. I am glad people on these forums are so sophisticated, and encourage one another. I mean, we all have our differences in opinions, and sure, we damn well joke, but I'm glad no one means open harm (though I think Charlie might have with his spanking threats haha) and we all get a long like one big, weird family! 

But seriously, not just to Charlie, but to ANYONE, don't let jerks (especially "cyber" jerks) bring you down. Thats all they are, is jerks. Half the time they couldn't tie their shoes any better than they can fire off insults or make up stories. At least here we can all gang up and stomp those juvinille assholes! 
like I said in my last post,I want my more intelligent forum members to enjoy a higher quality experience here. We will take steps to squash the mosquito brains.
CD

nimrod
Resident Big Thinker
Forum Elder

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 04:25:19 PM »

VE VILL CRUSH ZEM!

Jamesman
Crown Caster
Inactive

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 10:33:27 AM »

Anyway,many people immediately responded with comments like"what a shame,it's too bad when famoue people act this way" and blah,blah,blah "what in idiot Charlie is".Well many other times I have seen this kind of misuse of power by pea-brained users of these forums(present company excluded,of course ). I then realized that I do not need to stoop to their level and even gratify them with a response. Then again,I am a hot blooded Italian(Sicilian to be exact,even worse) so I sometimes cannot contain my emotions when I see stuff like that. My point is,I do not like rules,and I really want this forum to be a place where people can share ideas and such but I will not tolerate any personal attacks,

My view on the whole DTF dilemma was that maybe it should have been taken care of with PM's instead of in front of the entire DTF community. I'm not going to say that your opinions are wrong (that would be hyporcritical), and I see that you might get angry at times (which I can sympathize with), but that's my 2 cents; that it could've been dealt with more privately.

My trilogy is a sci-fi thriller, not unlike the movies:"Independence Day,Star Wars,Star Trek" etc.
I am not trying to say that there is no God,(although If I'm not mistaken ,I do have a right to express my beliefs as well  because although I may be in Europe right now I am an American citizen and damn proud of it and the FREEDOM OF SPEECH that comes with it,thanks to my many brave fighting brothers who are willing to die to preserve that right for me)I am not trying to blaspheme any religion,including but not limited to Christian,Catholic,Muslim,Buddhist,Mormon or any of the other numerous dogmatic ritualistic archaic beliefs that are causing the eventual destuction of my world  right now AS WE SPEAK, not that it might give me the right to speak out about it or anything,right? YEA, RIGHT!
To all those who got their panties in an uproar over the lyrics of part 3  I have this to say.
You should be much more concerned about the sex scandles and other ruinous behaviour of your so-called "religious" leaders than you seem to be about my totally fictional piece of musical entertainment.

It's not that I am in "an uproar" so much over the theme of the lyrics. From all the samples of the music I have heard, I can tell you have some great music and singing going. But just like you are not out to intentionally offend anyone with certain beliefs, I cannot intentionally listen to the O3 CD now because of the lyrical theme. Call me crazy, but it would be like me listening to music promoting atheism. But Charlie, it's nothing against you. It's just my beliefs. Like you said in another post, you be nice and I'll be nice. So I'm being nice and offering my view (which is in harmony with bosk1's beliefs) and just letting you see another perspective.

I hope to continue posting here because I do like it here, because I thought it was really nice of you to post at our forum, and the fact that you now have a very nice forum here and it's worth coming to, IMO.
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2008, 11:08:06 AM »

Anyway,many people immediately responded with comments like"what a shame,it's too bad when famoue people act this way" and blah,blah,blah "what in idiot Charlie is".Well many other times I have seen this kind of misuse of power by pea-brained users of these forums(present company excluded,of course ). I then realized that I do not need to stoop to their level and even gratify them with a response. Then again,I am a hot blooded Italian(Sicilian to be exact,even worse) so I sometimes cannot contain my emotions when I see stuff like that. My point is,I do not like rules,and I really want this forum to be a place where people can share ideas and such but I will not tolerate any personal attacks,

My view on the whole DTF dilemma was that maybe it should have been taken care of with PM's instead of in front of the entire DTF community. I'm not going to say that your opinions are wrong (that would be hyporcritical), and I see that you might get angry at times (which I can sympathize with), but that's my 2 cents; that it could've been dealt with more privately.
MY response is:

Why should I deal with it privately. Was he keeping his so called "experience" with me private?
He posted this fabricated story for EVERY DT FAN in the forum to see. He has a right to post total BS in public,but I'm suppsoed to deal with it privately? You have some strange sense of justice there,my friend!

It's not that I am in "an uproar" so much over the theme of the lyrics. From all the samples of the music I have heard, I can tell you have some great music and singing going. But just like you are not out to intentionally offend anyone with certain beliefs, I cannot intentionally listen to the O3 CD now because of the lyrical theme. Call me crazy, but it would be like me listening to music promoting atheism. But Charlie, it's nothing against you. It's just my beliefs. Like you said in another post, you be nice and I'll be nice. So I'm being nice and offering my view (which is in harmony with bosk1's beliefs) and just letting you see another perspective.
[/quote]
My response to you and Bosk1 (or anyone who feels this way)is:

So,you have decided ,quite quickly I might add,that I'm saying there is no God?It is a very narrow minded view to assume that if someone suggests that man was made by something other than some guy in a beard sitting in the clouds,this is denouncing the existence of God. there are many more religions in this world besides yours. They all give God a different name and I have my own ideas about what God is. I certainly think it is very different than what you think God is,but that does not mean I'm saying there is no God. Did it ever occur to you that maybe what I'm saying is that God created the universe and many species long before man came along?People ,especially religious people,always think that man is the center of the universe. Never even considering that if their God is as great as they say he is,why would he limit himself to only one tiny speck of dust called Earth, during  the split second that we call "Time" compared to the infinite amount of "time" that is eternity.Open your mind,if you dare,or you can chose to ostricise yourself and don't bother looking any further into my story,or anyone elses for that matter. It's your loss,my friend and it truly diminishes me.There is one truth out there,but there are hundreds of different claims of what that truth is that are all different.I want to know the truth,not what someone has told me they think is the truth,but that's just me.

(you also said):
I hope to continue posting here because I do like it here, because I thought it was really nice of you to post at our forum, and the fact that you now have a very nice forum here and it's worth coming to, IMO.

You have been very respectful and you seem intelligent,although a little closed minded. You are welcome here. I try not to judge people by where they are in their path of life's learning but rather not judge them at all and hope to see that they are moving forward and I will help them if they want me to,or not,whichever they prefer.I will always reach out to someone who is trying to understand the thing that I sacrificed everything I had in order to bring to them. It's only when I see ignorance and refusal to evolve,mentally and spiritually that I disance my self from someone. Even if that were the case,it would not be in any way a reason we would stop you from posting here.
CD

Jamesman
Crown Caster
Inactive

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2008, 11:18:23 AM »

Thank you for responding.

About the religious responses: I'm very open-minded, and if you really want, I will talk about the points you made. I've been atheist before. I'm not saying you promote the nonexistence of God; rather, I find it better for my beliefs to refrain from the music you have, but just for that reason, now that I know the story (which, btw, the story was well-thought out otherwise). I know I seem like I am close-minded, but I also search for truth; I just so happen to find truth in the Gospel.  Smiley

About the issue of privacy: I see your point, so that makes sense to me. It was more of a thought and opinion, but I didn't take your point into consideration.

Much respect to you CD. 

jamesman
nimrod
Resident Big Thinker
Forum Elder

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2008, 11:18:53 AM »

I think this whole situation has been discussed enough and it is only detracting from the positive environment this forum has been when we continue to discuss it further. People have made their views clear, Charlie has said what he has said, and a lot of people have made foolish and immature remarks and caused Charlie to respond angrily which I am sure he would prefer not to. I would rather not (and I'm sure some others will agree with me) see this discussed any further.

charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 11:36:09 AM »

About the religious responses: I'm very open-minded, and if you really want, I will talk about the points you made. I've been atheist before. I'm not saying you promote the nonexistence of God; rather, I find it better for my beliefs to refrain from the music you have, but just for that reason, now that I know the story (which, btw, the story was well-thought out otherwise). I know I seem like I am close-minded, but I also search for truth; I just so happen to find truth in the Gospel.  Smiley

About the issue of privacy: I see your point, so that makes sense to me. It was more of a thought and opinion, but I didn't take your point into consideration.

Much respect to you CD. 

jamesman
Tha's cool. I have met many devout christians in my days here on this planet and I do not wish to try and "convert" you.
If you choose not to listen to the music because of your faith in the "Gospel",that certainly is your prerogative. In the meantime, get out your bible and take a closer look at all the biblical references in my story.Don't be so quick to judge.It's possible that at the ripe old age of 21 or so you may not know everything yet. I'm twice that age and just beginning to see the truth.
Peace!

Jamesman
Crown Caster
Inactive

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 11:44:28 AM »

I think this whole situation has been discussed enough and it is only detracting from the positive environment this forum has been when we continue to discuss it further. People have made their views clear, Charlie has said what he has said, and a lot of people have made foolish and immature remarks and caused Charlie to respond angrily which I am sure he would prefer not to. I would rather not (and I'm sure some others will agree with me) see this discussed any further.
Well, I just wanted to share another viewpoint, and I don't think that's such a bad thing. And I don't agree that the positivity has been brought down; rather, I try not to let one problem affect other great things.

Much respect to you CD. 

jamesman
Tha's cool. I have met many devout christians in my days here on this planet and I do not wish to try and "convert" you.
If you choose not to listen to the music because of your faith in the "Gospel",that certainly is your prerogative. In the meantime, get out your bible and take a closer look at all the biblical references in my story.Don't be so quick to judge.It's possible that at the ripe old age of 21 or so you may not know everything yet. I'm twice that age and just beginning to see the truth.
Peace!
I seem to change my mind on some subject matter every few days, (not that I am so easily moved), but I do go where the truth takes me. Indeed, my younger age leads me to limited knowledge, so it's very possible that I am being too judgmental. I'll chalk it up to experience, and will ponder on this some more. So I may end up getting your CD, just because of the statement ("look for the biblical references").

Kudos to you for being a great guy. I'm here to stay. 
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 11:47:50 AM »

On the contrary,this is exactly what a real forum is supposed to be! People interacting and coming to a greater knowledge by pooling and sharing their ideas and thoughts.
I am even influenced somtimes by others and very often find that I am the one who is being closed minded about something. I love when that happens because that's when I grow!

nimrod
Resident Big Thinker
Forum Elder

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 11:56:28 AM »

On the contrary,this is exactly what a real forum is supposed to be! People interacting and coming to a greater knowledge by pooling and sharing their ideas and thoughts.
I am even influenced somtimes by others and very often find that I am the one who is being closed minded about something. I love when that happens because that's when I grow!

Fair enough, I just don't like the bickering but it looks most of those posts have been deleted now.

Phantasmatron
Forum Elder

What the Jenkins?!

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 12:55:22 PM »

I know I'm not gonna convince you of anything, but I'll just share this thought anyway.

Maybe it's just that I have a different tolerance level for this kind of thing, but O3 is well within the bounds of what I'd consider to be entertainment a theist can enjoy.  It simply offers a different perspective.  I mean, watching "The Ninth Gate" on TV makes me uncomfortable, because you actually get to watch people worshiping Satan.  O3 is nowhere near that.  It may not be pro-God, but it's not something that oooooooozes evil.  It's just a story, really.  I kinda hope you'll reconsider your choice not to listen to Dominici's stuff, but I also respect the fact that you're drawing a line for yourself and closely adhering to your beliefs. 

But I guess the important part is you'll stick around and keep posting.   

Just out of curiosity, though, if the next Dominici album is just a collection of songs that don't make any kind of religious statements, would you buy it?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Add bookmark | Print
Jump to: