DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: Forum reluctance! (& an O3 spiritual discussion)  (Read 36027 times)
Phantasmatron
Forum Elder

What the Jenkins?!

« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2008, 01:05:58 PM »

Not to put words in your mouth, but I think what your doing is assuming that because I only listen to lyrics 10% of the time, I only understand 10% of the lyrics, which isn't true at all. Its just that with MOST music (with the exception of concept albums) there isn't much to the lyrics; you get it, and you move on. If I listened to "hot cross buns" 1000 times (this is an exaggeration here), that would mean that I listened to the lyrics, 100 times. Don't you think I'd understand most of what is to be said by the lyrics by then? With Charlie's albums I listen to the lyrics a lot; I always take out my little book to follow along, but I'm still in that early stage, so I can't say what will happen later on. But trust me, I never move on if there is still mystery left; so I think your wrong in assuming that my listening experience isn't "enriched" enough by not listening to the lyrics; because I do listen to the lyrics, it's just that I listen to the music more after I take in most of what the lyrics have to offer. No offence, but that was pretty dogmatic of you to say that I'm not getting "the most of of my music".

Dude...for some reason I keep totally overreacting to stuff you say.  It was kind of dumb of me to suggest that you're not getting the most out of your music.  I sincerely apologize.  I guess it's been a weird couple of days for the forum and I'm reacting to stuff funny.  I hope there's no hard feelings, because I pretty much always enjoy reading your posts, whether they contain things I disagree with or not.  Tongue

Cheers.   

...as far as the other stuff going on in this thread, I think it's best for me to stay out of it.  Holy crap. Shocked

That reminds me, I found your pants in the fridge this morning.

I have no idea what just happened, but I can only assume that I was an indispensable contributor.
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2008, 06:34:37 PM »

Don't worry about it bud, I am a pretty light hearted guy and I don't really get angry at much of anything, in fact, I am appreciative when someone can say "Well, I'm not really sure if you meant what you said when. . ." etc. Imagine if someone like you read one of my posts, with some little typo calling religion silly, and instead of inquiring about it so I can explain myself, they just wrote me off as some religious bashing person, etc. That would really suck, so seriously, thank you for being mature, if not a little abrupt!  Its all taken to heart, and we enjoy each others company here, so I won't get hard feelings over something as "silly" as this 

As far as the other content of this thread goes, I think its unfortunate too. Its kind of sad that Jamesman is gone, since I think he left for no reason. I don't think he really got the idea that it wasn't a personal attack on him, or that we are all anti-religion. Its just that it can't really be discussed here, as I said in one of my previous posts. Anyway, enough talk of this, in order to end it, it has to stop somewhere, so this will be my last post regarding religion in this thread. And no, I am not saying "no more religion!" I'm saying no more SPEAKING of religion, because that is what the "higher-ups" have asked. Although I agree with Charlie's decision, I think its best that we all respect his choice whether we agree with it or not, because as he says, its HIS forum.
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2008, 08:06:51 PM »

I should have known when I saw that someone started a thread "Religion vs.Science" that there was going to be trouble. I am not anti Christian,anti Jew,anti Muslim etc. Nor am I anti God. I am ,however anti religion. I happen to firmly believe that if the entire world were more "Spiritual" and there was not even one single "Religion" we would not be in the self-destruction mode that we are in as a species on this planet.The trilogy hints at this all through the story. It is not only my opinion but one that is shared by many very,very highly educated people who are involved in their own spiritual awakening as well as I. Is this a Cult? Not as much as religion is.Are we fanatics about it? Not as much as religious people are.Do i feel a need to go out and spread the "word"? Not as much as religious people do.
There is a HUGE difference between Religion and Spirituality. Some people cannot see that,especially when they are very young and think they know everything already.That said,we discuss things here that can reach some kind of conclusion and mutual respect for each others opinions. Opinion and Religion are not the same. Saying why don't you respect my opinion about my religion is like saying why can't I talk about religion.Simple,this is a forum for opinions,not religion and this includes a discussion about your opinion on religion.I'm only voicing my own opinion on religion to emphasise the reason that I don't want it discussed here. I think it is pretty simple. No offense to any religious people here.The words fanatic,zealot always bring to mind the word religion.To me ,it is archaic,no matter what particular religion it is.It is not science and NO they cannot co-exist,not peacefully anyway.Noxxon was absolutely correct on that one. I let that thread go on for two reasons. One,there was not a rule in place yet  and two, I knew where it was going to end up and I thought maybe it would prove my point. It turns out that the thread that had not been intentionally about religion(it was about O3 spirituality and my reluctanace to have a forum in the first place)was the thread that brought this point out. So,anyone who finds it difficult to understand the difference between religion and spirituality,read up on it. Dr Sharp,who's books can be found on links here,talks about this a lot as well. Do yourselves and the rest of the world a huge favor and look into it.
Thanks for listening and most of all I hope you truly understand this.
I know one person out there that will not understand for a long time yet and it makes me sad.
CD

"I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band"....
..................."The Moody Blues"
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2008, 09:37:44 PM »

By the way, I don't know how long I will keep the "forum" part of this site open,so anyone who wants to vent on how my incredible personal sacrifice to bring you all some cool music is somehow a big problem should do so now. I'm really fed up with people. I'm going to go play with my cat now.
PS. This is also directed at the other fourms that lurk here.  Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one,even me!
Go ahead and make whatever comments you like,it will all be meaningless anyway. The new album is coming out worldwide in a few weeks,1 week in Japan and it is going to rock the music world. That's all that really matters anyway.
CD

Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2008, 04:31:13 AM »

Gah! Not an end to the forum!  Shocked

There is a HUGE difference between Religion and Spirituality. Some people cannot see that,especially when they are very young and think they know everything already.

That's really the only thing I disagree with. I'm still fairly young, but I started my whole "religion" search at a young age, and pretty much arrived where you are at now Charlie. I'm not saying its over, because by all means I'm sure its not, but I have always said that organized religions, while providing benefits, causes too many problems.

I'm not against any particular religion (though I do think that some are "worse" than others when it comes to interaction with people) but I do have some strong feelings against mass religion. Sure, it creates  many positive things (such as how certain religions are always trying to help the more unfortunate portions of the world), but I think all those positive things are crushed when put into comparison to the larger things, and it shocks me to the extent that people will do to each other. I mean, kill someone else for their beliefs? Its crazy, but its existed thousands of years.

It also scares me the momentum that religion has. A kid isn't born with a choice, he's born with a religion already in place, 9 times out of 10 anyway. Most of the time, these kids raised in the "name of god" don't ever question their beliefs, and just debate and support god because that is how they are raised. Its horrible, yes, and yet it happens, and people end up getting killed because some "idiot" never stopped to think twice about his beliefs and whether it was worth killing someone over; its so nurtured its like a person thinks its "nature" and it goes against their very being, so they think they must kill over it, and that is wrong. Period.

But as much as I preech "think about what you believe in and why!" like I did in a couple of my posts here, I'm afraid those words will go unheeded. religion will continue to be a problem in the world, just like many other things, and it'll continue to kill people everyday. I can't control whether it kills people or not, but I HOPE I can control whether it kills this forum or not. We've all seen that religion has no place here. And that has NOTHING to do with my opinion being like Charlie's. Its just for the simple fact that religion (something not even all of us believe in!) has torn this forum apart!

I don't know how many times at the ends of posts I say "Lets get back to the real discussion guys: music" because that is what this forum is all about, not some religous (or anti-religous for that matter) fanclub. Charlie in an amazing musician and Dominici is one of the best bands I've heard. I LOVE them. Yet that is being completely disregarded here because people would rather debate religion like this is some debating forum. I don't care what your view on abortions, religion, etc. are, all I care about is your view on music, especially Charlie's!

I know I went completely against the rules about bringing up religion again, but like Charlie said, I needed to vent. I will NOT stand for this forum getting destroyed for the sake of some confrontational people who feel the need to debate "their view". Like I said, Dominici amazes me, and it amazes me even more about how little press they get. They are superior to MOST bands I know of out there, and yet Charlie is still selling his CDs like he is some "underground" musician. What the hell is that? So instead of helping Charlie out and spreading his wonderful music to the world, we'd rather sit here and debate something as selfish as religion? I feel like its an injustice that Dominici is so great, and yet hardly a word has been said by most members (for those contributers, THANK YOU) about Charlie's music. If your here for religion and not music, please, for our sake, leave. This is a forum about music, yet its this stupid debate on religion that is tearing it apart and ruining a place that is available for music discussion.

Anyway, I think I've made my point fairly clear. Charlie, there ARE others like me, so PLEASE don't disband this forum. I know it only takes one bad apple to ruin the bunch, but you know that right from the start I've been supporting your music and this whole "stop this crap on religion!" debate. I really don't want to see an end come to this place, because really, I think it is a good way to spread your music, and its an enriching experience for people like me, you know, your fans . I know a jackass hops on here every now and then and starts ranting about some particular subject, but he can't speak for all of us, and my particular voice is that I want this place to stay. I've always said that your music inspires me, and it does. It inspires me musically, and that's what's important. I am always working hard at my own music endevours, in the hope that SOMEDAY what I churn out will be as good as your stuff. Unfortunately your music also inspires religious fanatics to say how wrong you are and disregard the music completely; which is dumb. Just ignore them please, for the rest of us. Trust me, I for one (and many others on this forum) have more of a vocabulary for discussing music, not religion.

Sincerely, Matt
VFS
The Webmistress otherwise known as JustJen
Administrator

Do you think it was an inside job?

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2008, 05:58:19 AM »

This is why we originally wanted no politics and no religion. We're still growing and learning though, as a community, and the staff decided to give those topics a shot.

At this point it's clear that this isn't going to work, so the rules have been updated and reposted (By the way, only 40 people here even read the rules judging by views, and I know I was at least 5 of those views.. how would anyone know what is or isnt' allowed if they don't read them?)

Who knows what the fate of the forum itself will be....

At any rate, I don't want to take away from the excellent post above mine so I'll keep it short and to the point.

Hope it doesn't close. Let's try to help it not to by not taking this any further. I won't lock the thread though because charlie may want to respond. (No nobody is in any trouble).

Join the DOMINICI Groups at: last.fm - Facebook - StudivVZ.net (German)
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2008, 06:37:08 AM »

For the record,our forum is still alive and well!
As for the fiasco over "Religion" recently, as far as I'm concerned it only served to further prove my point. What happened in here due to all that "Bible Thumping" is a microcsm of the REAL problem I have with EVERY religion in the world!
One religion is bad,one is not so bad,one is good,one slightly better,one worse and so on...If you are any one of them,you are perpetuating the Religion problem,IMHO.
Get spirituality and you will see that there really is no need for Religion at all.
One thing I know for sure,we have no further need of it in this forum!
The word can be spoken,but not debated. Same goes for politics. Just like you can mention child molesters in your post,but not advocate it.
I hope I have made this abundantly clear at this point.Anyone who wants to know the difference between thr "R" word and spirituality is welcome to do the research. They can even talk to me personally if I am availabe on Skype. Please don't get pissed if I cant answer because I am doing tons of phone interviews now with the CD coming out worldwide next month.
Peace!
CD

charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2008, 06:40:27 AM »

Wanna know what I really hate about ..ahem..Religion?
It's Easter Sunday, everything is closed and I'm out of CIGARETTES!!!!

AAAARRRRHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

ZeppelinDT
Resident Collectaholic
Global Moderator

Chaaaaaaaaaalieeee!

« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2008, 08:24:38 AM »

No 7-11's in Hungary?

One a scale from one to awesome, I'm super-great!
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2008, 09:48:09 AM »

No 7-11's in Hungary?

dude, don't rub it in!

there aint SHIT in hungary that's open when it's a holiday. I walked 10 blocks and found a store that was just about to close and got a couple packs because they celebrate Easter on monday again! Don't ask me why because I have no freaking idea!

Phantasmatron
Forum Elder

What the Jenkins?!

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2008, 10:50:42 AM »

I am not anti Christian,anti Jew,anti Muslim etc. Nor am I anti God.

By the way, I don't know how long I will keep the "forum" part of this site open

Embarrassed

I'm going to go play with my cat now.

The new album is coming out worldwide in a few weeks,1 week in Japan and it is going to rock the music world. That's all that really matters anyway.

That reminds me, I found your pants in the fridge this morning.

I have no idea what just happened, but I can only assume that I was an indispensable contributor.
Jamesman
Crown Caster
Inactive

« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2008, 10:54:51 AM »

There is a HUGE difference between Religion and Spirituality. Some people cannot see that,especially when they are very young and think they know everything already.

That's really the only thing I disagree with. I'm still fairly young, but I started my whole "religion" search at a young age, and pretty much arrived where you are at now Charlie. I'm not saying its over, because by all means I'm sure its not, but I have always said that organized religions, while providing benefits, causes too many problems.

I'm not against any particular religion (though I do think that some are "worse" than others when it comes to interaction with people) but I do have some strong feelings against mass religion. Sure, it creates  many positive things (such as how certain religions are always trying to help the more unfortunate portions of the world), but I think all those positive things are crushed when put into comparison to the larger things, and it shocks me to the extent that people will do to each other. I mean, kill someone else for their beliefs? Its crazy, but its existed thousands of years.

It also scares me the momentum that religion has. A kid isn't born with a choice, he's born with a religion already in place, 9 times out of 10 anyway. Most of the time, these kids raised in the "name of god" don't ever question their beliefs, and just debate and support god because that is how they are raised. Its horrible, yes, and yet it happens, and people end up getting killed because some "idiot" never stopped to think twice about his beliefs and whether it was worth killing someone over; its so nurtured its like a person thinks its "nature" and it goes against their very being, so they think they must kill over it, and that is wrong. Period.

But as much as I preech "think about what you believe in and why!" like I did in a couple of my posts here, I'm afraid those words will go unheeded. religion will continue to be a problem in the world, just like many other things, and it'll continue to kill people everyday. I can't control whether it kills people or not, but I HOPE I can control whether it kills this forum or not. We've all seen that religion has no place here. And that has NOTHING to do with my opinion being like Charlie's. Its just for the simple fact that religion (something not even all of us believe in!) has torn this forum apart!

I don't know how many times at the ends of posts I say "Lets get back to the real discussion guys: music" because that is what this forum is all about, not some religous (or anti-religous for that matter) fanclub. Charlie in an amazing musician and Dominici is one of the best bands I've heard. I LOVE them. Yet that is being completely disregarded here because people would rather debate religion like this is some debating forum. I don't care what your view on abortions, religion, etc. are, all I care about is your view on music, especially Charlie's!

I know I went completely against the rules about bringing up religion again, but like Charlie said, I needed to vent. I will NOT stand for this forum getting destroyed for the sake of some confrontational people who feel the need to debate "their view". Like I said, Dominici amazes me, and it amazes me even more about how little press they get. They are superior to MOST bands I know of out there, and yet Charlie is still selling his CDs like he is some "underground" musician. What the hell is that? So instead of helping Charlie out and spreading his wonderful music to the world, we'd rather sit here and debate something as selfish as religion? I feel like its an injustice that Dominici is so great, and yet hardly a word has been said by most members (for those contributers, THANK YOU) about Charlie's music. If your here for religion and not music, please, for our sake, leave. This is a forum about music, yet its this stupid debate on religion that is tearing it apart and ruining a place that is available for music discussion.

Anyway, I think I've made my point fairly clear. Charlie, there ARE others like me, so PLEASE don't disband this forum. I know it only takes one bad apple to ruin the bunch, but you know that right from the start I've been supporting your music and this whole "stop this crap on religion!" debate. I really don't want to see an end come to this place, because really, I think it is a good way to spread your music, and its an enriching experience for people like me, you know, your fans . I know a jackass hops on here every now and then and starts ranting about some particular subject, but he can't speak for all of us, and my particular voice is that I want this place to stay. I've always said that your music inspires me, and it does. It inspires me musically, and that's what's important. I am always working hard at my own music endevours, in the hope that SOMEDAY what I churn out will be as good as your stuff. Unfortunately your music also inspires religious fanatics to say how wrong you are and disregard the music completely; which is dumb. Just ignore them please, for the rest of us. Trust me, I for one (and many others on this forum) have more of a vocabulary for discussing music, not religion.

Sincerely, Matt
Meh, you are just scared to talk about deep things. Or you don't really know what you are talking about. And stop kissing CD's butt.
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2008, 11:11:19 AM »

Sincerely, Matt
Meh, you are just scared to talk about deep things. Or you don't really know what you are talking about. And stop kissing CD's butt.
He's quite intelligent,actually, I wonder about you. Why did you come back,to convince us  of how stupid and immature you are? we already know that.I noticed your first three posts are agitating,derogatory and flambouyant. Would you like to stop that now and actually make a decent contribution? Are you determined to show yourself to the world as a jerk or what?Is this how you want to represent the "followers of you precious "Religion".
Go ahead and keep proving my point I LOVE IT!

Jamesman
Crown Caster
Inactive

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2008, 11:13:19 AM »

I asked to be banned because I know how I can get. And you keep egging me on. You see, this is no longer about religion, although you keep bringing it up.

Is it possible to delete an account on here? Let's see...
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2008, 11:20:44 AM »

I asked to be banned because I know how I can get. And you keep egging me on. You see, this is no longer about religion, although you keep bringing it up.

Is it possible to delete an account on here? Let's see...
I'm not "Discussing" religion,because thats against the rules,as I have told you  SEVEN OR EIGHT times. I'm just referring to your earlier statements about it. You are a terrible example of your congregation,my friend.

charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2008, 11:26:49 AM »

You don't fool me ,son. I eat people like you for breakfast. I know EXACTLY whay you are up to. I am chronicling each and every post and I will be posting the entire threads EVERYWHERE you are a member. Everyone will see what a total idiot you are,and your plan to ridicule me will fail. Try me.You came here to make trouble,now you got it. Can you handle it?

charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2008, 12:03:42 PM »

The Metal Madman
Forum Elder

« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2008, 12:38:57 PM »

Couldnt have set it better myself. I wont get into the whole religious thing because you asked we not do so. I can almost bet we share a lot of the same views!

nimrod
Resident Big Thinker
Forum Elder

« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2008, 12:56:32 PM »

Get spirituality and you will see that there really is no need for Religion at all.
One thing I know for sure,we have no further need of it in this forum!
This is the only thing I'd say I really find offensive. I have no problem with you Charlie and I like this forum but although it may be your forum I don't really appreciate it when someone quashes other people's opinions. I can see why you don't want to talk about Religion and I respect that but please don't be saying "Get spirituality and you will see that there really is no need for Religion at all". It is currently sounding like (perhaps I'm misinterpreting what you're saying) you are trying to convert people to spirituality. Also, when you talk about highly educated people involved with spirituality then you might be forgetting that many highly educated people are also involved with Religion.

VFS
Administrator

« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2008, 01:44:30 PM »

I feel like this could be an endless conversation and nothing good would ever come of it. I'd love Charlie to choose to lock it and start some new topics, but I'll stand back and let him decide.

charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2008, 02:16:24 PM »

I feel like this could be an endless conversation and nothing good would ever come of it. I'd love Charlie to choose to lock it and start some new topics, but I'll stand back and let him decide.

Lock it now!
There is not enough brain power  here to discuss this.

charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2008, 11:58:59 PM »

In case anyone is still not convinced that These "fanatic" beliefs are not benign:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080328/ap_on_re_us/daughter_s_death_prayer

I rest my case.
 Sad

charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2008, 12:44:39 AM »

"The parents believe they did not do anything criminal"
Can you say..denial?Huh?
F*ck these people. They are destroying my beautiful world!
LOCK THIS THREAD NOW!
I don't want to hear any BS non-reality comments or opinions on this.
CD

charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2008, 02:28:27 AM »

Just so you all know,my comment about "not enough brain power" was directed only at those few closed minded individuals  that blindly follow dogmatic teachings like "sheep". I did not and do not intend to offend those of you who are intelligent and evolving beings.
Just thought I'd clear that up.

BAAAAAAAAAAA!

CD

VFS
Administrator

« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2008, 08:20:55 AM »

...blindly follow dogmatic teachings like "sheep".

BAAAAAAAAAAA!

(sorry, but the irony is thick Tongue )

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Add bookmark | Print
Jump to: