DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: Sorry I was gone a couple of days...  (Read 5836 times)
VFS
The Webmistress otherwise known as JustJen
Administrator

Do you think it was an inside job?

« on: April 14, 2008, 05:39:23 AM »

my middle boy was in the hospital with a broken arm, and had to be knocked out cold and brought into the operating room to put it back.

a lot of you know that already from my thread at dtf, but not everyone here posts there.

it looks like things went fine while i was gone, i don't need to babysit this place anyhow...

time to catch up on threads.

Join the DOMINICI Groups at: last.fm - Facebook - StudivVZ.net (German)
BlobVanDam
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 06:08:31 AM »

I was keeping on eye on the place. Everyone was really good. And by really good, I mean not posting much Tongue
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 06:19:32 AM »

oh no, poor boy, I hope he took it ok ? what did he do to break his arm ?

there hasn't been much going on here anyway  Tongue but I guess traffic will increase with us/europe cd release  ... like the calm before the storm ..
BlobVanDam
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 06:41:40 AM »

No problems now, the coast is clear
It's just the calm before the storm

This must be just like livin' in paradise
JUST LIKE PARADISE
And I don't want to go home

VFS
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 08:54:08 AM »

oh no, poor boy, I hope he took it ok ? what did he do to break his arm ?

there hasn't been much going on here anyway  Tongue but I guess traffic will increase with us/europe cd release  ... like the calm before the storm ..

I'll copy and paste the story here, along with his xray images:

with my twelve year old son, who managed to break his arm playing hackeysack.

epic injury, he snapped it right in two. both bones, clean break, right between his wrist and growth plate. Its his right arm, but he's left handed, but plays guitar right handed... he won't be doing any of THAT anytime soon, with his entire arm from fingers to armpit all in a fiberglass cast.

And his older brother carried him a quarter mile or more down the road from one guys house to another, to call me to come get him. Good kid. He also took a photo of middle boy's arm, since it was so gruesomely deformed (didn't break the skin though).

As soon as we were finally called into the reception room of the ER to register, I just raised his sweatshirt and looked at the nurse, who yelled out "HEY, HAVE YOU EVER SEEN SUCH AN 'S' CURVE?" to her co-worker, and then people started to pile into the reception room to gawk and stare and chatter about it, asking him how he manged to break it playing a sport in which hands arean't even allowed.

It was so bad, they just put him straight on a stretcher and gave him an IV and gave him morphine.

Yup, morphine.

He' was on that stuff until he went into surgery this morning to re-set his arm.

I'm exhausted, of course when they admitted him last night I knew I'd be staying with him no matter what. He'd never been in a hospital before, I couldn't leave my child there alone.

Shitty though, I was in the middle of redoing my websites when this happened and so my databases are all fucked up, my one website is deleted, the other is down, nothing is attached to either database... I guess it's a good thing it was only my personal sites when this happened.

So, yeah, they  sent him home on tylenol with codeine. i can't believe it's a whole huge bottle (he requires liquid, no pills) plus two refills, and the cost was $8.82 for that bottle. 8 days, every 4 hours - worth. Under 9 bucks. Amazing!

Exhausting.

And, poor kid Sad

He only got to have two baseball practices and now he's out for at least 6 weeks. Almost the entire season. Sad

anyhow, the moral of this story is, watch out for stumps.

(oh, that's what happened. he turned around and went for the hackeysack and tripped over a stump, falling down a hill towards the creek and rolling thru prickerbushes, landing on his wrist with his hand bent under, which is when all 3 boys heard the snap.)

*sigh*

Before:

After:

dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 09:10:28 AM »

All I've got to say is: DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 10:19:34 AM »

ssssssssssssssss... OUCH !!!!

Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 01:46:08 PM »

I've had plenty of serious cuts, but I don't think I've really broken anything, except I would have when I was very young since I split my nose in two (seriously, directly down the middle so it was open like a book!  ) but I don't think it was really formed too much yet since I was very young. The scar is mostly gone though, and as you guy's have seen, my nose is fine, so I'm not disfigured (insert relief smilely here) haha.

But anyway, the reason why I bring that up is that, while I haven't broken anything, I am friends with a guy who broke his arm twice, back to back pretty much, same arm too. It was brutal; one time he was dancing on a table and fell off, and his arm pretty much snapped in two (much like your son's) and the second time the same thing happened, but because of football. Not the same place on the forarm though, but the same arm still.

Anyway, I really hope he does okay, it sucks when your down and out; especially for musicians! Just encourage him that in later years he can impress the ladies with his war stories  Wink
Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 02:03:19 PM »

the worst things that have ever happened to were a few burns (one time with a car lighter when i was 4 years old, burned a nice big circle on the back of my left land, thought it was one of those stamp things that they put on your hand back in "pwee-skool", don't know how else to explain it), and this one time when i was 5 years old when i knocked my head open in a bicycle accident and had to have about ten stitches*. everyone who lived on my street thought i was going to eventually kill myself Grin , but they were wrong!

*the sad part about that was that the fucking bike had training wheels

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT TOTAL!!!
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 02:08:46 AM »

any ambitions to become a stuntman?

I broke my right arm twice. once I was snowboarding and the board got stuck in deep snow at full speed, I flew through the air and I landed with my right wrist on an icy patch. Second time I was rollerblading and hadn't noticed that the side road ahead of me has just been tarred, so I got stuck again at full speed, I flew through the air and I landed with my right wrist on the sidewalk. I guess I was 16 then. Now I come to think of it, I was very accident-prone with 16. I also had a moped accident; I wasn't driving myself but I sat in the back and my friend lost control of the moped in a curve and (guess what comes now??) I flew through the air and landed on my ... no.... this thime it was my knee!! I had to have my bursa removed the same night and now I'm carrying this ugly scar on my right knee - I could compete with cpt. jack sparrow 
Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 07:58:08 AM »

any ambitions to become a stuntman?

I broke my right arm twice. once I was snowboarding and the board got stuck in deep snow at full speed, I flew through the air and I landed with my right wrist on an icy patch. Second time I was rollerblading and hadn't noticed that the side road ahead of me has just been tarred, so I got stuck again at full speed, I flew through the air and I landed with my right wrist on the sidewalk. I guess I was 16 then. Now I come to think of it, I was very accident-prone with 16. I also had a moped accident; I wasn't driving myself but I sat in the back and my friend lost control of the moped in a curve and (guess what comes now??) I flew through the air and landed on my ... no.... this thime it was my knee!! I had to have my bursa removed the same night and now I'm carrying this ugly scar on my right knee - I could compete with cpt. jack sparrow 

yeah, but losing pieces of body parts sucks the worst. a few months ago i was playing floor hockey in gym class, and i faced off against this girl. we fought for the little ball and her stick just made a beeline for my hand. and what do you know, it makes contact with my thumb. A big chunk of the nail just went flying off, and my thumb just started to bleed profusely. Come to think of it, that chunk of nail might still be in the gym somewhere Grin but my fingernail has only been growing in normally for only a few weeks now.

VFS
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 11:22:09 AM »

Just encourage him that in later years he can impress the ladies with his war stories  Wink

oh yes, he already slowly typed his story to friends on AIM and MySpace.

the worst things that have ever happened to were a few burns (one time with a car lighter when i was 4 years old, burned a nice big circle on the back of my left land,

I have a circle scar on the back of my left hand and one on my left arm just like that.

this one time when i was 5 years old when i knocked my head open in a bicycle accident and had to have about ten stitches*

Sad Sad

VFS
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 11:23:46 AM »

I broke my right arm twice. ...I also had a moped accident

Yowch! that sucks, holy cow. I've luckily never broken anything yet. I hope i never do. Having three children and then a tubal ligation was enough hospitalization for me!

VFS
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 11:24:34 AM »

*fingernail story*

*shudders*

*repeat*

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 11:28:15 AM »

I broke my right arm twice. ...I also had a moped accident

Yowch! that sucks, holy cow. I've luckily never broken anything yet. I hope i never do. Having three children and then a tubal ligation was enough hospitalization for me!

so boy #4 won't happen then  Smiley

motley cure - don't know the song title; on the metal madman
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 01:14:54 PM »

Man, the worst one I have to explain is the scar on my right wrist 

I was about seven, and we had cats at the time. My mother had just put out water for the cats, and she had spilled some on the floor and didn't bother wiping it up, so when I went walking by, I slipped, and my right wrist came down on the bowl and broke the bowl. So I was pretty much in shock and didn't know what happened, and when I looked at my wrist and started to see lots of red appear, I went to the living room since I was still kind of puzzled as to what happened, so I said to my mom "I think I cut myself" and she looked at it, and said "Holy shit!" 

So to make a long story short, I had come within a fraction of an inch of severing my artery, and the cut was really severe and I lost a lot of blood. They sewed it up REALLY well though, and though quite grusome at the time, the scar came out cool. It looks like a candy cane, but you can also see the dots around it where the needle went into my wrist to stitch it up, so you can still count how many stitches I had  Grin It's probably the coolest scar I have.

The reason why its horrible to explain is because it sounds so emo  I mean, the placement looks like I am some sort of suicide failure, and to top it all off, how typical of an emo explaination is it when I tell them "I fell"!  Oh well, it's all in good fun 
Phantasmatron
Forum Elder

What the Jenkins?!

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 01:47:21 PM »

Man, the worst one I have to explain is the scar on my right wrist 

I was about seven, and we had cats at the time. My mother had just put out water for the cats, and she had spilled some on the floor and didn't bother wiping it up, so when I went walking by, I slipped, and my right wrist came down on the bowl and broke the bowl. So I was pretty much in shock and didn't know what happened, and when I looked at my wrist and started to see lots of red appear, I went to the living room since I was still kind of puzzled as to what happened, so I said to my mom "I think I cut myself" and she looked at it, and said "Holy shit!" 

So to make a long story short, I had come within a fraction of an inch of severing my artery, and the cut was really severe and I lost a lot of blood. They sewed it up REALLY well though, and though quite grusome at the time, the scar came out cool. It looks like a candy cane, but you can also see the dots around it where the needle went into my wrist to stitch it up, so you can still count how many stitches I had  Grin It's probably the coolest scar I have.

The reason why its horrible to explain is because it sounds so emo  I mean, the placement looks like I am some sort of suicide failure, and to top it all off, how typical of an emo explaination is it when I tell them "I fell"!  Oh well, it's all in good fun 

That's a great scar!  My biggest scar is unnoticeable because it's hidden under my hair.  I got hit in the head with a skipping stone when I was like ten.  So I can't exactly compare battle wounds with people unless I shave my head.

Holy shit, would that ever be a disaster.  I'd look terrible.  Like, way worse than normal.

That reminds me, I found your pants in the fridge this morning.

I have no idea what just happened, but I can only assume that I was an indispensable contributor.
VFS
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 04:37:01 PM »

The reason why its horrible to explain is because it sounds so emo  I mean, the placement looks like I am some sort of suicide failure, and to top it all off, how typical of an emo explaination is it when I tell them "I fell"! 

No man the MOST emo part of that explanation is "I fell and cut myself on my cat's bowl".

Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 07:02:28 PM »

That's a great scar!  My biggest scar is unnoticeable because it's hidden under my hair.  I got hit in the head with a skipping stone when I was like ten.  So I can't exactly compare battle wounds with people unless I shave my head.

Holy shit, would that ever be a disaster.  I'd look terrible.  Like, way worse than normal.

whenever i shave my head, i always get stares from people aimed at the back of my head (from that bike accident).

you know what? me and Phantasmatron should shave our heads, take pics of our head scars and post them here.

or at least i will Grin phantasmatron might not want to

Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 07:12:43 PM »

my most embarassing scar is located on my lower back. i was 14 at the time, and i was cooking something in the oven. now across from the oven are floor-level cabinets with the shelves that slide out. now one of those shelves was out while i was bent over getting a pizza ou of the oven. somehow i stumble backwards, and my lower back bumps into the corner of the shelf, which has a nice little metal thing. so i sliced open a small portion of skin just above my crack.

and for a while after that, my parents always teased me about my "plumber's crack scar on my ass" it ran a perfect 180 degrees with my asscrack

the wheels on the bus go round and round

Phantasmatron
Forum Elder

What the Jenkins?!

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 08:12:29 PM »

you know what? me and Phantasmatron should shave our heads, take pics of our head scars and post them here.

Yeah, sorry, count me out.  Like I said, it'd be a disaster.   Tongue

That reminds me, I found your pants in the fridge this morning.

I have no idea what just happened, but I can only assume that I was an indispensable contributor.
Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 08:22:08 PM »

Yeah, sorry, count me out.  Like I said, it'd be a disaster.   Tongue

tsk, tsk, you're so self-conscienous Cheesy chicks dig scars man

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Add bookmark | Print
Jump to: