DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: should I go to this bon jovi concert?  (Read 4673 times)
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« on: April 16, 2008, 11:34:53 AM »

there's gonna be a bon jovi show in june or july which is within decent walking distance (like 20 min) of my home, so I've been thinking back and forth if I should go, but it's so incredibally expensive; I can go to like 5 other shows that mean much more to me if I skipped that one; but on the other hand I know when I see the people going to the show, parking their cars, being excited, I will get the "concert-fever" and then I'll kick myself for not going. hmm, cheer me up people  Lips Sealed
VFS
The Webmistress otherwise known as JustJen
Administrator

Do you think it was an inside job?

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 12:06:31 PM »

You're coming to NY already, bon jovi can wait! You need your money for this trip!

Join the DOMINICI Groups at: last.fm - Facebook - StudivVZ.net (German)
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 12:36:32 PM »

there's gonna be a bon jovi show in june or july which is within decent walking distance (like 20 min) of my home, so I've been thinking back and forth if I should go, but it's so incredibally expensive; I can go to like 5 other shows that mean much more to me if I skipped that one; but on the other hand I know when I see the people going to the show, parking their cars, being excited, I will get the "concert-fever" and then I'll kick myself for not going. hmm, cheer me up people  Lips Sealed

There. Done.

Or maybe, for extra measure, I will put in some sound reasoning for you  Tongue

Pros:
-Bon Jovi is a fairly large band, and its one of those "hey, I saw them" and everyone can relate bands.
-I'm not a huge Bon Jovi fan, but its not horrible music.
- It will probably be a fairly big show

Cons:
-Price, obviously
- Time: you could be going to other concerts or whatever else during that time.
- You are having second thoughts about it in the first place, so you really don't NEED to see it, not like you would throw down the money if DT was around, etc.

So in conclusion, I'd say go, but that just me, and I love experiencing music. If you don't have the money, and there are better concerts around the corner I'd wait for sure, especially if you are coming  to New York (which is like what? 35 cents a plane ride now?  Tongue ). But hey, its up to you, and above all else, make yourself happy!
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 10:54:34 AM »

Grin    Grin

thanks !!

april's been such a boring month so far, really NOTHING at all happened, so I guess I'm trying to fill time with planning this and that..

but then, may is coming soon  which is full with loads of cool stuff; a trip to italy with my son, pn08  , and my birthday

dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 04:59:47 PM »

I saw Bon Jovi last year and I really didn't like it.

Although they played like 8 songs from Lost Highway and it hadn't been released at the time and Richie Sambora wasn't with the band.

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 10:31:23 AM »

HA! how could I even think about going to see the bon jovi show  Huh? I found something waaaaaaaay much much much better to spend my money on:

I guess I'll wait another week to let the idea sink in, and if I still like it then.... I have to go ask my boss for a day off  Grin
dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 12:58:08 PM »

VFS
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 04:45:40 AM »

I WANT THAT SHOW HOLY COW HOW COME EVERYWHERE ELSE GETS GOOD MUSIC AND WE GET COUNTRY AND POP GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 10:53:15 AM »

I WANT THAT SHOW HOLY COW HOW COME EVERYWHERE ELSE GETS GOOD MUSIC AND WE GET COUNTRY AND POP GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

shit. I know, my eyes almost popped out when I saw the lineup  Shocked
hmm.. instead of spending 300 $ per night in manhattan you could stay @ zep's, then fly to austria and come with me  but I can only offer a tent !!
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 12:37:15 PM »

I just got a ticket, I just couldn't fuckin resist 
VFS
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 06:42:24 AM »

shit. I know, my eyes almost popped out when I saw the lineup  Shocked
hmm.. instead of spending 300 $ per night in manhattan you could stay @ zep's, then fly to austria and come with me  but I can only offer a tent !!

I might come to Austria with you and just never leave. Are there any good jobs there available for people who are great with internet type coding, but who can't program her way out of a paper bag?

Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 01:24:12 PM »

Shocked

I agree with your "screw Bon Jovi" decision! I'd go for the first show, but the second one seems pretty good too (not really liking the third show overly much though).

And I totally know what you mean VFS, and it angers me too. Perhaps Europe will be a future home to me, since it seems so supportive of metal. I actually have quite a few friends in Europe (more than internet friends too  ) and from what I hear, my assumption isn't just "the grass is always greener on the other side" kinda thing. Or perhaps, we can just kill all pop stars instead  Grin
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 11:49:41 AM »

hey!! what a great idea!! y'all come live with me  we rent the whole appartment building, found a community and celebrate peace, love, happiness and prog 

... now wait.....

... something is familiar about this crazy story,
where have I heard of this plot before....
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 12:57:02 PM »

hey!! what a great idea!! y'all come live with me  we rent the whole appartment building, found a community and celebrate peace, love, happiness and prog 

... now wait.....

*sings guitar part after* duh +duh +duh +duh -duh        +duh +duh +duh +duh -duh

. . . well thats the ryhthm anyway. Damn internet not being able to discern pitch. I could just list the note names, but that's too much work for one post 
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 12:12:35 PM »

... now wait.....

*sings guitar part after* duh +duh +duh +duh -duh        +duh +duh +duh +duh -duh

. . . well thats the ryhthm anyway. Damn internet not being able to discern pitch. I could just list the note names, but that's too much work for one post 

isn't it:  duh +duh +duh +duh -duh        +duh +duh +duh +duh -duh         +duh +duh +duh +duh -duh +++++duuhhhhhh  Huh?   Cheesy
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 12:14:28 PM »

... now wait.....

isn't it:  duh +duh +duh +duh -duh        +duh +duh +duh +duh -duh         +duh +duh +duh +duh -duh +++++duuhhhhhh  Huh?   Cheesy

oh no... or is that later ??  Roll Eyes
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 12:15:32 PM »

*frozen mind due to hydrogen peroxide reaction on top of my head*
dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 03:25:53 PM »

*frozen mind due to hydrogen peroxide reaction on top of my head*

Pages: [1]   Go Up