DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: it's all a matter of culture  (Read 11234 times)
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 12:31:00 PM »

So...it's like a buffet...except it's moving...on conveyor belts?  This seems weirder and weirder the more it's explained.   

well kinda, but you don't have to get up and the food is always fresh since the conveyor belts also run through the citchen where the cooks refill the line and exchange cold/old food 
Phantasmatron
Forum Elder

What the Jenkins?!

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 01:28:14 PM »

Actually, that picture really does a lot to help explain it.  It's kind of a cool idea, really.  I'd totally go to one of those things if I knew where to find one or ever wanted to try eating sushi.   Grin

That reminds me, I found your pants in the fridge this morning.

I have no idea what just happened, but I can only assume that I was an indispensable contributor.
VFS
The Webmistress otherwise known as JustJen
Administrator

Do you think it was an inside job?

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 06:37:45 AM »

That is the coolest idea ever. holy crap. all you can eat buffet where you never leave your seat.

AWESOME

Join the DOMINICI Groups at: last.fm - Facebook - StudivVZ.net (German)
dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 09:47:44 AM »

I hear those things are all over Asian countries. I wonder why the US doesn't have one already.

Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 02:27:03 PM »

Well, to start off I guess I'd like to explain one thing about Canada:

We are a pretty huge country (second in the world I think? Maybe third now?) and we only have 10 provinces and 3 territories. That said, each province is big enough, and different enough (both geographically and socially) to be it's on country. So its almost like we are a nation of nations!

1) We arn't the cultural melting pot like the states. We get ALL kinds of immigrants, and rather than become Canadians, they just start their own country in a new land. It can cause some law conflicts sometimes, but for the most part I find it awesome. Its a pretty neat experience to be cultured, and for example, I can go downtown and eat at an etheopian resteraunt, or shop at all all chinease grocery store.

2) Here in Nova Scotia, we have a very rich history. I don't want to get into a huge history lesson, but we still have all the old French and English forts and things, and one is even what the capital core is built around (its on a huge hill). If you're a fan of pirates, rumrunners and a city founded as a drinking place for sailors, you'll love it here!

3) Most of us "maritimers" (as were called) are pretty normal people, but if you've ever watched Canadian comedy, they make fun of us maritimers a lot, particularily the Newfoundlanders. They speak in a language that NO ONE understands, and I think everyone, even us fellow maritimers get a kick out of it. But no, I talk like a normal person, exempt of any weird speech, save perhaps a "eh" or two  Tongue

4) In Nova Scotia, the local music scene is very supportive. We are basically all Scottish, Irish, etc. so there is a tonne of celtic music, much of it more perserved and intact than in the "home country". We have very few "big" concerts (well, that I enjoy or pay attention to anyway), but there is a pretty strong jazz scene (with some real "heavy" musicians), folk scene, etc.

5) All the nice people, who, if you truly needed it, would probably give you their left kidney if you needed it to live.

6) That rich culture and history is everywhere, so (at least in Halifax, the city core) you can go to some dank drinking hole or resteraunt right from the 1700's, or you can go next door to a modern building built around one such "old" wall.

Anyway, that's just a few of the things I can think of off the top of my head, I'll probably mention more things as you people remind me of certain stuff. And again, aside from the fact that they may have been here, someone from another province would probably find the culture here as different as you would! 
dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2008, 02:43:40 PM »

Now that you mention rum. Puerto Rico is the rum capital of the world.

Just to mention 2 rums made here: Captain Morgan's and, the best selling rum in the world, Bacardi.

VFS
The Webmistress otherwise known as JustJen
Administrator

Do you think it was an inside job?

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2008, 01:39:20 PM »

xoxoch
- http://dreamtheaterforums.org/forum/index.php?topic=13003.new#new

we need you!

Join the DOMINICI Groups at: last.fm - Facebook - StudivVZ.net (German)
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2008, 12:02:52 PM »

I'm flattered 
just added some gossip !!

that was my 1st post on dtf, btw 
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2008, 12:08:42 PM »

matt, your post is great! you inspire me to write some more about Austria... but I have to think about it so I can come up with something coherent  Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Add bookmark | Print
Jump to: