DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: This is unbelieveable!  (Read 5851 times)
charliedominici
Administrator

« on: May 09, 2008, 01:45:39 PM »

I can take a bad review, but when it is totally bullshit I can only assume this person has an agenda.
Read this review, and tell me it's just someone voicing their opinion.

Someone who purchased from Amazon (my favorite) please post a response and tell this jerk off!

http://www.amazon.com/review/R17MF6S902CZNE/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R17MF6S902CZNE

"I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band"....
..................."The Moody Blues"
SeaWolf
Aquatic Canine
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 02:05:02 PM »

Wow, Charlie... if that's the worst review of your album that you could find, I'd say you did pretty good this time around.  I've seen WAY worse album reviews than that in my life.  I'd say the most insulting part of the review is the jab at Dream Theater's "borrowing" of Metallica riffs, which doesn't reflect upon your album at all.
dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 03:26:45 PM »

I have to agree that it's not so bad and I've seen way worse reviews but that guy needs to be shot anyway. The vocals buried? Has he heard the chorus of Genesis?!?! (Awesome chorus Charlie! "We are the lords!, we're you creators" ) I mean I read in a review of the album by Nick and I agree completely that the best thing about the vocals are the enunciation. You can hear the album without reading the lyrics and you know exactly what's happening.

Comparing to Mindcrime 2? First of all we only waited less than a year for it so there's no long wait and I think it was the perfect way to end the story. He gives 3 stars, I give it 5!

charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 06:29:14 AM »

I have to agree that it's not so bad and I've seen way worse reviews but that guy needs to be shot anyway. The vocals buried? Has he heard the chorus of Genesis?!?! (Awesome chorus Charlie! "We are the lords!, we're you creators" ) I mean I read in a review of the album by Nick and I agree completely that the best thing about the vocals are the enunciation. You can hear the album without reading the lyrics and you know exactly what's happening.

Comparing to Mindcrime 2? First of all we only waited less than a year for it so there's no long wait and I think it was the perfect way to end the story. He gives 3 stars, I give it 5!

Yea. That's one of the inaccuracies I am talking about. Mindcrime 2 took 20 years. O3 part 3 took 8 months. The reason it pissies me off is that his "3" and one other "5" makes the album a "4" on Amazon.That's why I asked someone who has purchased there(you cannot post unless you are a customer) to post a real review and bring the average back up that this loser has so unfairly  ruined for us.

dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 06:33:13 AM »

still, talking like this makes you a total douche Tongue we want 5-stars only Tongue

nah but srsly, it isn't that bad...

Nick
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 09:21:54 AM »

Albums like Mindcrime have 1 star reviews out there, as do all other milestone albums. Like it's already been said, one 3 star review really isn't all that much to be worried about, although stupid in-accuracies do tend to irk me.

Phantasmatron
Forum Elder

What the Jenkins?!

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 10:45:21 AM »

Well, the guy is just plain stupid.  Clearly Part 3 is better than Part 2.  Grin

But also, Operation Mindcrime 2 consists of a handful of songs buried in a steaming shitpile.  Comparing O3 Part 3 to OM2 is a bad idea, IMO.

That reminds me, I found your pants in the fridge this morning.

I have no idea what just happened, but I can only assume that I was an indispensable contributor.
dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 11:23:36 AM »

It's not just a bad idea, it's fucking suicide!

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 12:17:04 PM »

this guy must've had fucked up ear surgery recently  or the idiots at amazon acidentally put the mindcrime II cd into the o3pt3 cover  Huh?

to cheer you up, charlie:

the guys (and gals) at studiVZ love the album; here's some proof:

in short the 1st guy, christopher, first writes that he's just got the cd but haven't listened to it yet and that he was pissed that dominici didn't open for dt in bonn since riverside were totally lame as the opener (I like riverside a lot, btw, but I don't know how they are as a life band). and dominici simply rocks.
his second entry: now he listened to the album and was surprised by its heaviness and the likes it a lot. then he mentions his fav songs and he appreciates the album again and says that it is even better than pt2, though he misses hits like school of pain or the calling.

the other guy, christian, (obviously german parents are very creative (or religious) when in comes to giving first names) gives a  , loves Charlie's voice and thinks he's better than threshold's mac and doesn't need to hide behind jlb. He also loves the maillard bros.. and he just loves everyone else in the band as well  . (in the musical sense, I believe) He wants more !!
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 01:33:20 PM »

add on:

http://www.amazon.de/O3-Trilogy-Part-3-Dominici/dp/B0013FSVSO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1210451397&sr=1-1

OMG, this is the fuckin most awesomest dominici review I've ever read!  ;DSo I went ahead and translated it:

Holy shit, that’s awesome! The finale of Charlie Dominicis „O3“-Triology has turned out to be a prog-metal masterpiece. With part 1 he started as singer/songerwriter and hardly anyone noticed it. Part 2 then became a remarkable piece of prog metal. But now, with part 3, Dominici being on this planet for 56 years, shows us which side his bread is buttered on. Together with his young team, the Dream Theater dinosaur has not only ironed out the minor weaknesses of the very good predecessor but more than compensated them! He uses the same musicians as with part2 which have grown together as a band significantly. This is particularly noticeable in the songwriting, which will make demanding prog-metal customers click their tongues.

Each single song is a paradigm for dynamic, detailed prog-metal with a heavy tone and diverse riffing. Rhythmic playfulness and adept changes in tempo keep the voltage up, idling is excluded. The songs never travel on simple paths; they make exciting detours into first-class instrumental passages or into the epic  finale. The most complex pieces are the ones ranging in the two-digit minute scale – “Enemies of God” with its introverted middle part and the grand finisher “Genesis”, a conclusion that starts off with five incredibly diverting minutes of a multilayered instrumental section. A great plus in comparison to part 2: nothing sounds designed – it’s genuine.

As if it were nothing Dominici also produces the great melodic parts. “Liquid Lightning” and “Revelation”, for example, will immediately nest in ones auditory canals. One can reveal resemblances to straight, classic end-80s-metal, spiced with parallel sprints on guitar and keys. After the aforementioned instrumental section, the song “Genesis” surprises with an extremely heavy chorus. Judas Priest with prog-factor? Simply ingenious!

The melancholic ballad „So Help Me God“ is not dinting the quality, because even though the melody is sloppy it is also tantalizing. In this way the ballad wonderfully serves as a counterpart to the mainly brute and gloomy atmospheres of the disc – monumental yet filigree. At times this resembles “Train of Thought” – and those bulldozer-riffs as seen in “March Into Hell” may have the prone fan ponder about how the Dream Theater album might have sounded if it would have been composed melodically more differentiated. Maybe it would have sounded like “O3 A Trilogy – Part 3”; Dominici set himself an independent monument with an astonishing potential for recognition.

Also the O3 story is evolving. Where did we leave off… pseudo-religiously motivated terrorists want to transform all breathable air into poison, because, in their opinion mankind can only be saved by their eradication. Part 2 ends with a huge explosion; the setting of part 3 is an apocalyptic end-time scenario, which is magnificently underlined by the ominous musical atmospheres. Now the story experiences an unexpected twist. The apparent terrorists turn out to be the reverted true creators of mankind.

And they saw that it was bad and start all over again. The main character, a police officer on the hunt for terrorists, is the only surviving human being. He is being placed into a particularly copious garden and he receives a female carved out of his rib. The guys name is “A(nthony) Dam”, by the way – what a surprise! On the first sight this looks like a bloated, religiously overwinding Hollywood fantasy-disaster screen-play. But a significant amount of self-irony makes the story well digestible. A lyrics example: “It’s all too hard to grasp, I’m trying to believe you. I suppose that you made the dinosaurs, too? – No that was somebody else” … In that sense: listen, enjoy, don’t take it too serious, be surprised by this best positive progressive-heavy-metal present!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 01:36:55 PM by xoxoch » Logged
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 01:38:55 PM »

This is a word-on-word translation; so maybe, Matt you could fix the grammar and improve the wording. Then we could put it up on the amazon.com page 
Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 02:14:26 PM »

The grammar is actually very good. I've got nothing to complain about. That is a true professional review.

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT TOTAL!!!
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 04:59:30 PM »

This is a word-on-word translation; so maybe, Matt you could fix the grammar and improve the wording. Then we could put it up on the amazon.com page 

Yep, its more than "internet" ready in my opinion; that guy really could write, and kudos to dech for translating that!    But, if you insist I can give it a strenuous look over, but upon first reading, it was fine.

Charlie - I know you have a skin tougher than a rhino, but just to reiterate: don't even listen to one word from that jackass! Your vocal melodies were not only NOT drowned on that album, but they really came out shining! I would say your vocal melodies are one of the best parts of the album. And don't even get me started on this whole "metallica borrowing" shit -- both Petrucci and Brian are musical geniuses, or in the very least, competent musicians who can't have a single bad word said about them let alone deserve more credit than this jackass gave them.

I haven't bought from Amazon, but trust me, whenever I speak of the album (and trust me, I look like a big loser quoting it all day like some "Dominician"  ) I speak of it like a holy book (ironic considering the circumstances!). So for every jerk, or dumbass who doesn't know his ass from his face, there are a handful of Dominici fans willing to back you up in any way possible. 

. . . Umm, this might be too much to ask, but could us forum regulars get special "cereal box grade" Dominici rings and when we combine them you will come out of no where to beat up some arrogant ass like Captain Planet used to do? Just a thought to consider  Grin
dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 05:23:14 PM »

. . . Umm, this might be too much to ask, but could us forum regulars get special "cereal box grade" Dominici rings and when we combine them you will come out of no where to beat up some arrogant ass like Captain Planet used to do? Just a thought to consider  Grin
Greatest idea ever!!

charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 07:53:09 AM »

Thanks guys!

I want to reiterate, I can take a bad review, I learned a long,long time ago that in these times of the internet any idiot with a keyboard can have a profound effect on works of art with reviews that they really don't even have any qualifications for making. My only complaint is the fact that this jerk's unninformed comments were easy to brush off but his "scoring" of 3 dropped the amazon score from 5 to 4(mainly due to the fact that there are only 2 reviews there). That is the ONLY thing that really bothered me. Anyway, as I originally suggested,fight fire with fire. Please post or have others post more "accurate, truthful and factual" reviews if you can. If someone thinks the album has weaknesses, that's fine as long as the remarks are factual. That's my only complaint about this guy's review -totally erroneous and unninformed statements.He probably listened to the CD one time on a junk stereo and ran to his keyboard. LOL
PS. Thanks for the nice review you found, X!
 Grin

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 10:46:41 AM »

welcome, charlie  Grin

and matt just for the records: dech is dutch - I'm german-speaking and I translated the thing  Wink
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 05:39:28 PM »

welcome, charlie  Grin

and matt just for the records: dech is dutch - I'm german-speaking and I translated the thing  Wink

Yeah, I knew he was, but for some completely random reason the thought wandered in my head that he translated it  Huh?    But upon review, I see it was you who reviewed it, so in that case, great job! 

And my apologies for my extremely random misplaced credit   
dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2008, 04:15:42 AM »

How great of you to think that I am so noble matt Wink 

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 11:03:47 AM »

I'd bet my tits you could've done it just as well 
dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 01:35:26 PM »

Can I join that bet?

Nick
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 01:48:08 PM »

I'll bet my Moobs.

dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 03:30:59 AM »

I'd bet my tits you could've done it just as well 

Yeah German isn´t that hard... But hey, if you bet your tits, what do you want in return Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Add bookmark | Print
Jump to: