DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: Neal Morse Appreciation Thread  (Read 29288 times)
Jamesman
Crown Caster
Inactive

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 11:02:13 AM »

I really need to check this guy's work out.  Sounds awesome.  I've only heard a few Transatlantic songs on Last.fm, and I was impressed, but I get the feeling that you have to hear the whole album to truly "get" it.
Dude....he is beating out DT as my favorite artist.

Sometimes, anyways.
ZeppelinDT
Resident Collectaholic
Global Moderator

Chaaaaaaaaaalieeee!

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 12:20:57 PM »

Just bought my tickets to go see his 90-minute acoustic show on Long Island next month.

=)

One a scale from one to awesome, I'm super-great!
Jamesman
Crown Caster
Inactive

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 01:46:27 PM »

Just bought my tickets to go see his 90-minute acoustic show on Long Island next month.

=)
WANT
dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 02:40:04 PM »

I've been to his show which was filmed for his upcoming DVD "Sola scriptura and beyond" what a great night was that Wink

Jamesman
Crown Caster
Inactive

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 06:58:42 PM »

I've been to his show which was filmed for his upcoming DVD "Sola scriptura and beyond" what a great night was that Wink
I cannot wait for that DVD. I bet that was just incredible.
dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 11:44:43 PM »

At that time, I wasn´t really into his music, so 99% of what he played was new to me, but between then and now, I almost learned every lyric. And his lyrics are pretty hard to learn Tongue

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 02:37:13 AM »

the coolest neal morse thing (and one of my most fav concerts in general) I ever experienced was the testimony show in london together with mp 
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 12:43:51 PM »

Recently, a friend of mine got "Snow" by SB. So to share our music with each other, he came over to my house, we got the stero going (I LOVE my stero system!) and sat down for 5 hours to listen to Snow and O3 back to back!

I really appreciated Neal's work on that album (I hadn't heard that particular album before) and I thought it was really cool. However, I must admit that I thought the trilogy crushed it! Haha, well, let's just say I enjoyed them both, but the trilogy I enjoyed more.

Anyway, 5 hours of concept albums is pretty intense, so anyone who tries this should be careful!  Shocked
dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 03:46:38 PM »

Snow is a great album!!! You can really see how Neal developed his style on this album. It rocks

SeaWolf
Aquatic Canine
Forum Member

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 11:22:02 AM »

One thing I've always found kind of interesting is the fact that Mike Portnoy is Jewish, yet he's played drums on Neal's last few albums, which have very outspokenly Christian lyrics.
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 02:34:50 PM »

One thing I've always found kind of interesting is the fact that Mike Portnoy is Jewish, yet he's played drums on Neal's last few albums, which have very outspokenly Christian lyrics.

I think it's because Mike Portnoy is a very intelligent guy, and more importantly, he is very musicially inclined. It's all about the music, and obviously he wouldn't let religion get in the way of that.

I could be wrong, but at least that's the way I see it. Music is about more than just judging your bandmates for their religion; if everyone sticks to the music and has an open mind about things, then religion wouldn't seperate him and Neal Morse. And boy and I glad for that! Both Neal and Portnoy are amazing musicians, and it would be a loss if religion got in the way of that.
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2008, 12:45:54 PM »

unfortunately I don't recall where I read or heard this quote of mike talking about working with neal:

mike said somethin like "not bad for a blue-bearded, long-haired, heavy-metal jew" 

can anyone find the original quote?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Add bookmark | Print
Jump to: