DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Poll
Question: Who will win the European Soccer Championships?
Italy - 1 (14.3%)
Spain - 0 (0%)
Germany - 0 (0%)
Czech Republic - 0 (0%)
France - 1 (14.3%)
Greece - 0 (0%)
Portugal - 0 (0%)
Netherlands - 1 (14.3%)
Romania - 0 (0%)
Croatia - 0 (0%)
Sweden - 1 (14.3%)
Russia - 1 (14.3%)
Turkey - 0 (0%)
Poland - 0 (0%)
Switzerland - 1 (14.3%)
Austria - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: Poll: Soccer craziness!!!  (Read 13913 times)
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« on: May 28, 2008, 01:20:42 PM »

All right, this year Austria - together with Switzerland - is hosting the European Soccer Championships, which is, after all, the world's 3rd largest sports event after the World Soccer Championships and the Olympic Games. It starts next Saturday and everyone's so excited and we all now wait for the fan crowds! I don't know how I'll actually make it to work for the next weeks cause Vienna alone will have an extra 500.000 people, which is quite significant for a 1.5 million people city.

So, let's make some bets on who will win; join in even if you don't know or don't care.

What prize could the winner/s of the poll get ??  Grin Suggestions ??
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 10:39:10 AM by xoxoch » Logged
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 01:24:38 PM »

as a patriot, I have to vote for austria (even though I KNOW we wont win a single game  Grin) and realistically I vote for sweden, by gut feeling... (matt, what do you think? you deciphered my guts??)
dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 03:46:56 AM »

Of course... the netherlands >_> who else 

Van Nistelrooij kicks everyone's ass Tongue and Van der Sar will stop every incoming danger 

Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 01:01:55 PM »

as a patriot, I have to vote for austria (even though I KNOW we wont win a single game  Grin) and realistically I vote for sweden, by gut feeling... (matt, what do you think? you deciphered my guts??)

Haha, yes, I did  Grin

BUT, I have no idea who wins at Soccer normally  Huh? So I'm not sure who will win in the championships. From what I do know, South American teams win at soccer a lot (I think?) because I think they always come close to winning the World Championships, but no South American Team would be in the European Championship.

So I'll trust you and say Sweden (my mom used to live there, so hey, it's better them than some random country  Tongue ) but I can't guarentee they will win.

. . .Actually, you know what? Let's do it. Let's have NO back-up plan and just put all the chips on Sweden 
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 01:04:36 PM »

Also, I voted for Austria (for you xoxoch) and for Switzerland (for the Maillard brothers!). But my bet is still on Sweden 
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 10:58:31 AM »

I realized today that I posted that the championship would start this saturday, but it does start only next saturday. my bad. mod done.
Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 06:21:31 PM »

All the countries i chose were a result of my bias stemming from my various nationalities.

Italy all the way, since I'm a devoted Sicilian, and Italy kicks any other country's ass in the EU. Mafia, wine, and soccer: the Holy Trinity.

Russia because the Russians (and anyone living in the former Soviet satellites also) have a no bullshit attitude about everything, especially in sports. Plus Russia has favorable conditions for hardcore sports training (Rocky IV, anybody?)

And France because the French are like Transformers: There's more than meets the eye. Napoleon was a really short guy, he was about 1/2 my size (i'm like 5' 11"), but he was a militaristic and strategic genius. Don't fuck with the French!

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT TOTAL!!!
dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 04:06:14 AM »

Don't fuck with the French!

And what if I DID Smiley

Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 06:51:32 AM »

And what if I DID Smiley

Alors nous vous frapperions sur la tête avec une baguette et avons le sexe avec votre amie! 

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 11:37:57 AM »

^^ ce n'était pas très francais  Roll Eyes
but very funny nevertheless 
dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 01:36:19 PM »

And what if I DID Smiley

Alors nous vous frapperions sur la tête avec une baguette et avons le sexe avec votre amie! 

voulez vous coucher avec moi Wink cést soir ^_^

Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 02:16:49 PM »

And what if I DID Smiley

As a Canadian, I am SUPPOSED to be bilingual, yet this is one of those situations in which I laugh at the "bilingual" status of our country. We try, but it's far less than bilingual. And even worse, there are provinces that are completely French too, which is just as bad as the all English problem  Oh the irony  Grin

In response to the Rocky IV reference, correct me if I am wrong, but it was Rocky who did all the hardcore natural training while the Russian trained in somer super high tech (for the time) gym. So doesn't that reference destroy your point? 
Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 03:54:11 PM »

And what if I DID Smiley

As a Canadian, I am SUPPOSED to be bilingual, yet this is one of those situations in which I laugh at the "bilingual" status of our country. We try, but it's far less than bilingual. And even worse, there are provinces that are completely French too, which is just as bad as the all English problem  Oh the irony  Grin

In response to the Rocky IV reference, correct me if I am wrong, but it was Rocky who did all the hardcore natural training while the Russian trained in somer super high tech (for the time) gym. So doesn't that reference destroy your point? 

actually no, because I was referring to Rocky himself in the movie when he was doing that intense training in Siberia, NOT the Russian dude. 

Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 04:05:31 PM »

And what if I DID Smiley

actually no, because I was referring to Rocky himself in the movie when he was doing that intense training in Siberia, NOT the Russian dude. 

Well, my apologies then! Though I think I did make a good point  Tongue
dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 04:21:54 AM »

And what if I DID Smiley

Quote pyramids... always make me a happy man Tongue

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 11:04:41 AM »

the doorman at the company I'm doing my thesis at put up a little betting office; so I just bet a euro on sweden; now I really gonna support them 
Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 12:44:23 PM »

And what if I DID Smiley

Why, thank you.  Smiley

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 12:39:58 PM »

awwwwwww 
I HATE OUR SOCCERTEAM !!!!
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 01:49:59 PM »

edit: ok, I LOVE OUR SOCCER TEAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now we have to kill germany and we're in quater finals ......... 
*party for monday already set up*
*appologizes to germans in advance*
Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2008, 06:54:01 PM »

And what if I DID Smiley

Quote pyramids... always make me a happy man Tongue

I thought I would add a bit more to the pyramid, just to be an ass. Tongue

dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 09:20:21 AM »

people... just tell me... which country beat the world champion and the semi-champion in one week. tell me Wink

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 10:35:38 AM »

people... just tell me... which country beat the world champion and the semi-champion in one week. tell me Wink

your team just plays sooooo awsome!!

and tell me.. who's gonna knock off germany on monday  Grin
dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 06:29:37 AM »

I'm not so sure abou that one... Germany plays very well... we'll just see tonight, I'm surely gonna watch the game 

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 04:34:58 AM »

austrian team
dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 07:08:43 AM »

sigh... Iw as hoping to sing SCHADE DEUTSCHLAND ALLES IST VORBEI... but they had to win >_>. How hatefull Tongue

ah well the netherlands rule Tongue

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
Add bookmark | Print
Jump to: