DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: Afterlife  (Read 2292 times)
bosk1
Forum Elder

« on: March 15, 2010, 07:50:47 AM »

Charlie, someone on DTF made a comment in a thread that they thought you sounded better on Afterlife than any of the other tracks on WDADU.  I responded by guessing that since you wrote the lyrics, you probably would have also written the vocal melody as well, and that if you did, you would have written more toward your strengths in terms of note choice, phrasing, etc., so it naturally would have sounded better than a vocal melody written by someone else.  Purely a guess on my part, but I thought I'd ask you directly to see whether there is any truth to my surmisings.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:57:43 AM by bosk1 » Logged

charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 10:48:36 AM »

Charlie, someone on DTF made a comment in a thread that they thought you sounded better on Afterlife than any of the other tracks on WDADU.  I responded by guessing that since you wrote the lyrics, you probably would have also written the vocal melody as well, and that if you did, you would have written more toward your strengths in terms of note choice, phrasing, etc., so it naturally would have sounded better than a vocal melody written by someone else.  Purely a guess on my part, but I thought I'd ask you directly to see whether there is any truth to my surmisings.
Quite right, Grasshopper!

CD

"I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band"....
..................."The Moody Blues"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Add bookmark | Print
Jump to: