DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: Cats or Dogs?  (Read 6440 times)
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« on: July 08, 2008, 10:33:59 AM »

Growing up, I lived with my mom and brother and we always had cats. I think it was because my mom was (and still is) out of the country constantly, and cats are a lot more independent and can survive in the house all alone.

I'm on the western side of Canada now however, visiting my dad for a couple weeks, and he has two cats and a dog (who coexist happily I might add). As much as I've always been a cat guy, I've come to like dogs a lot as well, probably because they tend to be so interactive. That isn't to say cats arn't interactive though -- although I am currently "petless" at home (and have been for a couple years) my last cat I trained to sit, beg, and even speak, so cats can be plenty entertaining as well.

So as we all know, both creatures have their advantages and disadvantages, and the value of a pro or con is solely rooted in the opinion of the observing individual. I mean, some people hate how cats do their own thing and get loving on their own terms, while a busier person might love cats for the very same reason, since they don't require so much maintenance. So that leads me to my question (finally, eh?), what do you prefer, cats or dogs? (and feel free to propose another alternative as well!)
Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 02:17:30 PM »

Cats all the way, because they can be so affectionate. plus they are kinda fun to play with.

but i've hated dogs (especially the big ones) ever since i was "attacked" (well tackled) by a fully grown saint bernard when i was 10. obviously, i was much smaller than i am now, and that dog was beastly. it came running at me when i reached the top of the stairs leading up to deck at a lakehouse. There was contact, and i went FLYING off the deck and landed hard on the ground. and ever since, i've hated big dogs.

you know what matt, i think you were wondering this because you can't stop listening to "Genesis" and the line that sticks out the most is the "Cats and Dogs" part.

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT TOTAL!!!
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 02:23:37 PM »

you know what matt, i think you were wondering this because you can't stop listening to "Genesis" and the line that sticks out the most is the "Cats and Dogs" part.

"Some of our finest work"!

CD

"I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band"....
..................."The Moody Blues"
Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 04:54:36 PM »

CD

we seem to do that a lot charlie, where i say a line of a song you've written and you fill in the blanks

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT TOTAL!!!
dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 05:51:37 PM »

I like dogs a looooot more.

Dogs are always loyal and cats can be betrayers if they don't like how you treat them.

Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 07:21:57 PM »

CD

I KNEW Charlie would get in on the cat thread!  Grin

But yeah, I always loved that line because it's so true. I always more akin to my animal counterparts than my human ones.

. . . And yeah, sadly, your probably right 
xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 01:17:10 PM »

cats AND dogs. black fur preferred. I have a black cat "Puma" (yeah, I know, that's lame) and a black 20 pounds german shepherd & hovawart mix "Anton." He was a stray in Hungary and I only wanted to keep him for a week, that was 5 years ago ...

(not Anton, but he looks very similar)

ZeppelinDT
Resident Collectaholic
Global Moderator

Chaaaaaaaaaalieeee!

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 08:51:09 AM »

Cats are like infinity billion times better

One a scale from one to awesome, I'm super-great!
nimrod
Resident Big Thinker
Forum Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 03:16:06 AM »

Did a google search and this is what I find...??

Join the DOMINICI Groups at: last.fm - Facebook - StudivVZ.net (German)
forgottenglory
Forum Member

Earth. Soul. Rock n' Roll.

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 01:25:55 PM »

Dogs all the way!  Had two of them for 15 years.  They were my best friends!

Calling On You - STRYPER

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Add bookmark | Print
Jump to: