DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: Where IS everyone?  (Read 15881 times)
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« on: July 08, 2008, 10:20:04 AM »

Seriously, where IS everyone? I do realize that it's summer and a lot of people are probably outside or on vacation rather than hunched over a computer, but seriously, I'm waiting for a tumbleweed to roll by any day now   

*Gasp* Or maybe the events of O3 have unfolded already, 4 years early! Maybe I'm the only person left! Nooooo!

But on a more serious note, how are things as of late for everyone? We need to get some life back in here somehow.
Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 02:08:30 PM »

I know, it's boring here, not even VFS is here. but i'm incredibly busy right now, travelling a lot so i can't waste my time on a forum that no one uses.

plus i've been trying to spread word of the band online, but no one appears to be biting; they either laugh at me, or just ignore it. i think the vacancy is a precursor to the site shutting down (GOD FORBID!), but it just died here, like the event's of "Hell on Earth"

C'mon people!

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT TOTAL!!!
dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 05:54:11 PM »

VFS has been very busy, because she isn't even on DTF.

I'm on New York on vacations. So hai gaiz!

Nick
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 07:47:58 PM »

I've gone from working nearly full time to working nearly full time, having a girlfriend, playing volleyball two nights a week, hosting a radio show one night a week, getting things together to go back to school in the fall, preparing to move out on my own for the first time...

I've been so ungodly busy (with both work and pleasure) that the internets has just had to suffer a bit.

Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 07:42:10 AM »

where in NY are you dimitrius?

Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 05:38:14 PM »

I've gone from working nearly full time to working nearly full time, having a girlfriend, playing volleyball two nights a week, hosting a radio show one night a week, getting things together to go back to school in the fall, preparing to move out on my own for the first time...

I've been so ungodly busy (with both work and pleasure) that the internets has just had to suffer a bit.

You call that an excuse Nick? God, just stop being so Lazy already!

Kidding of course. We all get busy from time to time, I just am finding it weird how so many people disappeared around the same time. I don't suspect a conspiracy or anything though 
dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 12:12:17 PM »

where in NY are you dimitrius?
Ridgewood.

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 12:56:21 PM »

I'm jumping around from festival to festival. I just got a press pass for the loreley open air and I'm looking for a place to rent a professional lens for my cam. I wanna do a really cool review for the guys at plantet.tt (they ran THE venue to go for if you want some cool music in vienna; the place is being torn down, but luckly they took over 2 new and even better ones, so prog and metal and prog metal will be getting lots more attention in the future over here)

other than that I've been all over my myspace page. and my yahoo im and skype are blinking restlessly. as y'all have spotted there seems to be a little summer hole on this forum  Roll Eyes

also, I've been busy working and caring for my little one. (this is one of the shortest sentences in this message but it contains my main time consuming activities) and in the back of my head I've recently started to try to figure out how I could get and manage a post doc research position in nyc after I'm done with my ph.d. ... ok, that's 3 years from now, but I know shit like this takes forever to work out + I have a kid... very complicated venture...

besides that I'm reading a nice book "the sound of thunder" by wilbur smith; it doesn't really sweep me off my feet, but it's a good and relaxing pleasure read. in parallel I'm reading part 16 of terry goodkind's "sword of truth" series and I just thought I should start all over again cause I can't really recall what happened in parts 5-13  Grin

of course I'm also planning my son's birthday party; he's turning 4 next wednesday and we're gonna have a party with 7 kids (is 7 a good number ??) .. I'm scared.. luckily my mum's gonna help me and hopefully some other parents will stay. but I guess so, cause there's gonna be a bbq (no idea how to spell this word in its entire version).

hmm.. now what else? i bought 4 chairs at ikea today !! and I watered the flowers !! wow !!

ok, I guess I'll stop now  Tongue

I sincerely hope this page wont be shut down ...
ZeppelinDT
Resident Collectaholic
Global Moderator

Chaaaaaaaaaalieeee!

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 08:49:31 AM »

That's a very existential question that could take decades to properly answer.

One a scale from one to awesome, I'm super-great!
Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 10:28:30 AM »

but I guess so, cause there's gonna be a bbq (no idea how to spell this word in its entire version).

barbeque... i think... 

dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 11:20:29 AM »

That's correct. You can also say barbecue.

veronica
Global Moderator

and I love them

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 03:01:17 PM »

I'm getting married this saturday... That should explain my silence
I'm actually checking this forum right now instead of DTF, cause I knew there wouldn't be so much new stuff to read through here as there. Tongue

dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 09:08:55 AM »

I are back home!

xoxoch
Forum Elder

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 05:50:28 AM »

I'm actually checking this forum right now instead of DTF, cause I knew there wouldn't be so much new stuff to read through here as there. Tongue

hey, wow, congratulations !!!!!  Grin
now, that's a valid excuse for forum absence !!
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »

I'm jumping around from festival to festival. I just got a press pass for the loreley open air and I'm looking for a place to rent a professional lens for my cam. I wanna do a really cool review for the guys at plantet.tt (they ran THE venue to go for if you want some cool music in vienna; the place is being torn down, but luckly they took over 2 new and even better ones, so prog and metal and prog metal will be getting lots more attention in the future over here)

other than that I've been all over my myspace page. and my yahoo im and skype are blinking restlessly. as y'all have spotted there seems to be a little summer hole on this forum  Roll Eyes

also, I've been busy working and caring for my little one. (this is one of the shortest sentences in this message but it contains my main time consuming activities) and in the back of my head I've recently started to try to figure out how I could get and manage a post doc research position in nyc after I'm done with my ph.d. ... ok, that's 3 years from now, but I know shit like this takes forever to work out + I have a kid... very complicated venture...

besides that I'm reading a nice book "the sound of thunder" by wilbur smith; it doesn't really sweep me off my feet, but it's a good and relaxing pleasure read. in parallel I'm reading part 16 of terry goodkind's "sword of truth" series and I just thought I should start all over again cause I can't really recall what happened in parts 5-13  Grin

of course I'm also planning my son's birthday party; he's turning 4 next wednesday and we're gonna have a party with 7 kids (is 7 a good number ??) .. I'm scared.. luckily my mum's gonna help me and hopefully some other parents will stay. but I guess so, cause there's gonna be a bbq (no idea how to spell this word in its entire version).

hmm.. now what else? i bought 4 chairs at ikea today !! and I watered the flowers !! wow !!

ok, I guess I'll stop now  Tongue

I sincerely hope this page wont be shut down ...

I was wondering where you disappeared to! Though quite obviously you've been busy in your absense, so it's good to know you weren't kidnapped from your bed at the age of 10 after wandering into a strange Austrian time machine. . .

That's correct. You can also say barbecue.

As far as this goes, I always spell it out as Capt. did, as "barbeque". I've never seen the "barbecue" spelling (not that I recall anyway), but I'm sure it's out there since "bbq" isn't really an acronym so much as it's a lazy abbreviation for the syllables it represents; so as long as the spelling sounds right, it's pretty much correct. Regardless, the common practice of abbreviating it means that the "true spelling" (if there even is one) has been lost to ambiguity, and thus we talk about how to actually spell the word in a music forum 

Nonetheless, it's good to see people back, even if it is ony for a post or two   
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 04:10:11 PM »

Oh, and I almost forgot; Congrats Veronica! I hope all goes well with the wedding!
nimrod
Resident Big Thinker
Forum Elder

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 03:08:11 AM »

Congrats! And hey guys long time no speak

Join the DOMINICI Groups at: last.fm - Facebook - StudivVZ.net (German)
zerogravityfat
Forum Elder

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 04:57:10 AM »

this forum is way too slow for people to bother coming in, therefore i have my time better wasted at dtf or five8 most of the time.

Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 12:18:13 PM »

this forum is way too slow for people to bother coming in, therefore i have my time better wasted at dtf or five8 most of the time.

Well, to be honest my participation has been declining as well, just because it's getting slower and slower, and Charlie isn't around as much any more and stuff, so this forum isn't as it used to be. On ther other hand though, I can be a pretty busy guy at times, thus I like the slower pace so I am not overwhelmed with things to catch up on. I also like a smaller community where quality of thought and heartfelt, meaningful discussions are encouraged rather than everything being a nut house ALL the time like on other forums (though a nut house IS fun from time to time!). So that is why I keep coming back here, plus the fact that I want to continue to support Dominici even if it just means I am a forum statistic.
dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 10:12:25 PM »

Neither Charlie nor Jen are here.... 

Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 06:25:51 PM »

Neither Charlie nor Jen are here.... 

I know... it's strange... since Charlie hasn't been on the site often, he might be focused on other things towards the development of finding his place in the prog scene, so he's puttong the site on the backburner for a while in order to keep going.

well I guess that in a few weeks everyone will settle down for school and other things, and attendence will spike, especially at the end of the year... hopefully.

dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 07:38:18 PM »

I already started university... it sucks!

Captain Flapjackass
I am God
Forum Elder

I'm freakin' cold!

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 09:27:04 AM »

I've still got another 3 weeks until I start school. I'm so bored right now.

dimitrius
Lord of Dominoes
Forum Member

Silence! I kill you!

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 02:59:44 PM »

The suxxorz!

charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 12:58:43 PM »

I will finally be able to start spending more  time with you guys again.

Sorry for the absence but my life has been hell for the last 6 months.

CD

"I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band"....
..................."The Moody Blues"
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
Add bookmark | Print
Jump to: