DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: Music Mentor Program  (Read 10673 times)
charliedominici
Administrator

« on: December 18, 2009, 08:05:22 PM »

I don't profess to be the best at anything, but I know that my many years of experience and musical knowledge is something I can share with those of you who are interested. It is for this reason that I am starting up a "Music mentoring program". Here's how it works. If you want to improve your skills or even if you are just a beginner, I can offer something a little better than just lessons. You can take these 4-45 minute "sessions" each month on your computer using SKYPE (Video) and pay monthly in advance using PAYPAL. Workshops include: Beginner and intermediate acoustic and electric guitar, Voice, Music theory, Composition, Vocal power and range techniques, Song writing, Production techniques and everything related to music and the profession. Interested parties please email me for details and schedule.

email me at:
charlie@dominici.com   Serious only please.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 12:55:14 PM by charliedominici » Logged

"I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band"....
..................."The Moody Blues"
JLadino
Forum Member

JJ man with the master plan!=]

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 09:27:21 AM »

What do you mean by Vocal Power, like the volume of your voice? Huh?
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 01:43:34 PM »

Not necessarily volume but projecting your voice,singing "in the mask", from your head and not your throat. Vocal power also entails strong sound both when singing high and low notes. It also includes singing correctly so as to not lose your voice when singing for long periods like I used to do when I sang live with Dream Theater. I learned how to sing with power and not have my throat close up and lose my range in a live performance. It used to be a big problem for me back then, as you can see from some of those old videos.

JLadino
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 10:06:25 AM »

Not necessarily volume but projecting your voice,singing "in the mask", from your head and not your throat. Vocal power also entails strong sound both when singing high and low notes. It also includes singing correctly so as to not lose your voice when singing for long periods like I used to do when I sang live with Dream Theater. I learned how to sing with power and not have my throat close up and lose my range in a live performance. It used to be a big problem for me back then, as you can see from some of those old videos.

Oh well I understand what your saying, I had no idea you shouid sing through your head and not from the throat. Is it like you focus singing by the head right? Undecided
JLadino
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 05:54:07 PM »

Oh well I understand what your saying, I had no idea you shouid sing through your head and not from the throat. Is it like you focus singing by the head right? Undecided

I mean the mind right?
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 09:32:58 AM »

No, not the mind,although that would be a neat trick-lol! Singing "in the mask" refers to having your voice resonate in the front of your head (forehead area) instead of in the throat. This enables more power and projection and less tightening of the throat(banging of the vocal chords) that cause hoarseness and loss of the voice. So much for the "free" mentoring session. If you are serious about learning please join the program before all of the limited slots are filled.
CD

JLadino
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 04:58:25 PM »

Sorry all I wanted to know was, what you mean't by vocal power. Cry
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 11:33:17 AM »

Cool idea, Charlie! You see guitar players giving skype lessons all over the place these days, but I haven't seen many vocalists doing the same. Hopefully it'll go well; it certainly seems like a lucrative market for a talented (and well informed!) singer such as yourself. 
Arkatox
Ruler of the . . . um . . . banjos?
Forum Member

WE ARE THE LORDS!

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 09:38:33 AM »

Sounds pretty cool, but I'm not really a guitar player. I'm more of a writer... Wait, you did mention songwriting...

Lol, jk, I don't have a webcam anyway, let alone money. I'm seriously about $150 in debt (not much, but I'm a teen with practically no income, so...).

Good luck to anyone participating! Smiley
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 10:54:04 AM »

Still a few open slots for those of you that want to take advantage of the coaching/lessons.
email me @:
charlie@dominici.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Add bookmark | Print
Jump to: