DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: WDaDU Appreciation Thread  (Read 17564 times)
Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2008, 03:38:11 PM »

Haha, no Charlie, I have never "hated" you  As far as I am concerned you and James are mutually exclusive; like you said, its apples and oranges. A lot of Dream Theater fans I know dislike James, and while I like him, I also like you a lot (and I mean that) too. And just because I like one doesn't mean I have to dislike the other! That's just stupid in my opinion. As much as I might want to knew them, I don't know DT, so its not like I have to side with them just because James is the current vocalist. I just see this seperation as not a loss (though I think all of us fans wonder what it could have been) but an awesome oppertunity for you. Where would O3 be if you were still with DT? I guess my point is that now I have had TWO amazing bands I can love rather than just one.
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2008, 12:12:51 AM »

Haha, no Charlie, I have never "hated" you  As far as I am concerned you and James are mutually exclusive; like you said, its apples and oranges. A lot of Dream Theater fans I know dislike James, and while I like him, I also like you a lot (and I mean that) too. And just because I like one doesn't mean I have to dislike the other! That's just stupid in my opinion. As much as I might want to knew them, I don't know DT, so its not like I have to side with them just because James is the current vocalist. I just see this seperation as not a loss (though I think all of us fans wonder what it could have been) but an awesome oppertunity for you. Where would O3 be if you were still with DT? I guess my point is that now I have had TWO amazing bands I can love rather than just one.

Good point! 

"I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band"....
..................."The Moody Blues"
lutima
Forum Member

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2008, 03:10:36 AM »

Nice to hear that people are finally getting over the "I have to hate Charlie because I love James" syndrome! I always wondered how long it would take.
CD

Really Charlie ? Undecided I never experienced 'hate' against you by any DT fans I know !! You've been part of DT history, there's nothing fans should hate you for. In fact like Matt said before, if you like one, it doesn't automatically mean you 'hate' the other.
Besides I think 'hate' is a HUGE word, if you know what I mean. People use this word way too much when most of the times it's not the word they mean..
Anyway..as far as I know, fans respect you as much as they respect the other DT guys 
On the other hand, there will always be people that complain about DT and especially about James in my eyes...As a singer yourself you should experience this yourself..I mean you ARE the frontman of a band too. If your voice isn't at his best one day you'll 'screw' up for the entire band. I feel it's unfair if people judge singers on their performance. Guitarists, drummers..they all are human...they all make mistakes, but the singers' mistakes are the ones that are heard...

Smiley

Saxon - Nothern Lady

"Turn the key, walk through the gate"
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2008, 09:26:24 AM »

Nice to hear that people are finally getting over the "I have to hate Charlie because I love James" syndrome! I always wondered how long it would take.
CD

Really Charlie ? Undecided I never experienced 'hate' against you by any DT fans I know !! You've been part of DT history, there's nothing fans should hate you for. In fact like Matt said before, if you like one, it doesn't automatically mean you 'hate' the other.
Besides I think 'hate' is a HUGE word, if you know what I mean. People use this word way too much when most of the times it's not the word they mean..
Anyway..as far as I know, fans respect you as much as they respect the other DT guys 
On the other hand, there will always be people that complain about DT and especially about James in my eyes...As a singer yourself you should experience this yourself..I mean you ARE the frontman of a band too. If your voice isn't at his best one day you'll 'screw' up for the entire band. I feel it's unfair if people judge singers on their performance. Guitarists, drummers..they all are human...they all make mistakes, but the singers' mistakes are the ones that are heard...

Smiley

Obviously this is not directed at any of the people in this forum. The many remarks I have read over the years on "Blabbermouth.net"," Johnpetrucci.com",Mikeportnoy.com" and others have often had this kind of immature remark. I always took it from whence it came and it never bothered me personally. I just always felt that anyone who was displaying this kind of attitude was only letting their own immaturity cheat them out of enjoying both bands instead of only one.
I'm not having a panic attack over it,trust me!
 Grin

Matt Gillis
Forum Elder

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2008, 11:42:59 AM »

". . .I'm not having a panic attack over it,trust me!"

I'd almost call that a DT reference! Now if you made 8 of them, I'd be very scared  See Charlie, we all love you. . . though that might be worse than you thinking we disliked you lol

dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2008, 11:57:10 AM »

WDADU is musically a great album. And we can all here how hard it was to sing it. But hearing James sing afterlife, that's just great. i was recently talking with my family about it (yes they all listen DT here) And we all had the same opinion... NOONE does a fortune in lies better then Charlie did on the album. It just sounds so inspired and passionate. On the other hand, James doing Only a matter of time is great too. I really like the album, ok, had to get used to it, but hey, you did what you liked and we like that you liked to did what you like, likewise Wink

charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2008, 12:13:03 PM »

WDADU is musically a great album. And we can all here how hard it was to sing it. But hearing James sing afterlife, that's just great. i was recently talking with my family about it (yes they all listen DT here) And we all had the same opinion... NOONE does a fortune in lies better then Charlie did on the album. It just sounds so inspired and passionate. On the other hand, James doing Only a matter of time is great too. I really like the album, ok, had to get used to it, but hey, you did what you liked and we like that you liked to did what you like, likewise Wink

you should hear me sing "Pull me under" And "Under a Glass moon". Like I have said many,many times, There is and there never will be absolutley ANY competition of any kind between myself and the great JLB. Everyone is quite welcome to have whatever preference they so desire,just like they have a right to their personal preference on the subject of  vanilla and chocolate. Debating the issue is pointless in my humble opinion. Thanks for the compliments,by the way,on behalf of myself and also Mr. La Brie!

dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2008, 12:16:51 PM »

you should hear me sing "Pull me under" And "Under a Glass moon". Like I have said many,many times, There is and there never will be absolutley ANY competition of any kind between myself and the great JLB. Everyone is quite welcome to have whatever preference they so desire,just like they have a right to their personal preference on the subject of  vanilla and chocolate. Debating the issue is pointless in my humble opinion. Thanks for the compliments,by the way,on behalf of myself and also Mr. La Brie!

Oh now you done it! Now we demand a complete cover of Images and Words 

charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2008, 12:22:50 PM »

Actually, I'm thinking of doing the entire trilogy live someday and inviting James up to do the encore singing "Hell on Earth" and "Genesis"  LOL

nimrod
Resident Big Thinker
Forum Elder

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2008, 01:04:30 PM »

On that "some day" you can bet I will be there. I would love to hear all three one after the other live I listened to Part One and Part Two one after the other and I think The Monster is a great transition and suits where the storyline is going. That said, I think Nowhere To Hide is a bit heavy too early on in the album in contrast to the first album, The Monster worked for me and Nowhere To Hide is great I just think there should be a more melodic song there and the heavy stuff coming out more towards the end of the album. I don't mean in any way that the album is flawed I am just voicing how I think I might prefer it. But seriously good stuff and the storyline has a lot of depth.

Join the DOMINICI Groups at: last.fm - Facebook - StudivVZ.net (German)
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2008, 02:10:55 PM »

On that "some day" you can bet I will be there. I would love to hear all three one after the other live I listened to Part One and Part Two one after the other and I think The Monster is a great transition and suits where the storyline is going. That said, I think Nowhere To Hide is a bit heavy too early on in the album in contrast to the first album, The Monster worked for me and Nowhere To Hide is great I just think there should be a more melodic song there and the heavy stuff coming out more towards the end of the album. I don't mean in any way that the album is flawed I am just voicing how I think I might prefer it. But seriously good stuff and the storyline has a lot of depth.
Thanks for the input, Nimrod. You are welcome to rearrange the order of the tracks on your Ipod or mp3 player anyway you wish !
CD

dech2410
Mister Relentless!!!
Forum Elder

Me and my best friend ;)

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2008, 02:52:00 PM »

Lol, don't say that, If he has a 2GB ipod, you won't even be on it xD

nimrod
Resident Big Thinker
Forum Elder

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2008, 03:26:35 AM »

Well good job I have one of those new 80GB Classics and don't have to make that choice! I seriously could not live on 2GB alone, before I had an iPod I used to use my phone which only had 512MB - complete nightmare.

Join the DOMINICI Groups at: last.fm - Facebook - StudivVZ.net (German)
SeaWolf
Aquatic Canine
Forum Member

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2008, 07:18:11 AM »

Okay, you know someone will have to do this eventually, so I'm just gonna take care of it now. Smiley

Personally I think it is easily Dream Theater's most underrated album. The sound is fresh, energetic, powerful, and the only thing it lacks is production. Songs like The Killing Hand, A Fortune in Lies, Only a Matter of Time, and Status Seeker (Yes, Status Seeker) really should not be overlooked as they are in the grand scheme of DT's career. And there is not a bad song in the ones I didn't mention either. Incredibly consistent, entertaining, and excellent.
And the vocals sound like "Alvin and the chipmunks" Shocked

Don't be so hard on yourself, I love the vocals on WDADU.  "An angel's kiss, now fallen...  Cry"
Silent Voice
Forum Member

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2008, 10:03:18 AM »

I love it ... after Images and Words and Awake it's my favourite DT album 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
Add bookmark | Print
Jump to: