DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: Charlie - what is your theory?  (Read 2126 times)
Marlon
Forum Member

« on: August 09, 2010, 01:29:11 AM »

Hey Charlie, it's Marlon - we've spoken on Myspace briefly.

SO I was wondering, I am aspiring to be a session guitarist and am starting university soon to study music performance and composition to help me achieve this. What is your theory on practise?

I'm sure you've heard the 10,000 hour study that shows to achieve virtiuosity on any instrument takes around 10,000hours of practise. But some people believe that in half this time you will be a master, if you are born with the talent?

Do YOU agree with either? Some people have refered to you and your band as demi-Gods, born with a superhuman ability to write and play so well...

Marlon

Liquid Lightning
charliedominici
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 08:56:57 AM »

Hey Charlie, it's Marlon - we've spoken on Myspace briefly.

SO I was wondering, I am aspiring to be a session guitarist and am starting university soon to study music performance and composition to help me achieve this. What is your theory on practise?

I'm sure you've heard the 10,000 hour study that shows to achieve virtiuosity on any instrument takes around 10,000hours of practise. But some people believe that in half this time you will be a master, if you are born with the talent?

Do YOU agree with either? Some people have refered to you and your band as demi-Gods, born with a superhuman ability to write and play so well...

Marlon

Some people are naturally great and some can practice 20,000 hours and still be mediocre.

CD

"I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band"....
..................."The Moody Blues"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Add bookmark | Print
Jump to: