DOMINICI.COM
News:
Home FORUM Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register *
Welcome to the Official DOMINICI Website and Forums!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Add bookmark | Print
Author Topic: Some forum modifications  (Read 11024 times)
nimrod
Resident Big Thinker
Forum Elder

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 09:14:19 AM »

I'm having a thought here as my self-declared role of Resident Big Thinker requires me to. Infact, I'm going to make a prediction

When we get to about 75 members, methinks the large influx of posts will be too many to comfortably fit into the 3 main forums we have (not counting Ask Charlie). This will be a good opportunity to open a new forum. Anyone have any ideas as to what this forum should be? If we make it a P/R Discussion forum that will make this place quite similar to DTF.org, but then again we wouldn't be complete without an area for serious discussion.

Join the DOMINICI Groups at: last.fm - Facebook - StudivVZ.net (German)
ZeppelinDT
Resident Collectaholic
Global Moderator

Chaaaaaaaaaalieeee!

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2008, 09:41:26 AM »

I doubt that'll really be necessary.

I mean, JP's forum has ~15,000 members, and he's only got two main forums (plus an "Ask JP" forum)

MP has nearly 20,000 members and he's essentially got only one section (with a couple of other very minor subforums)

and James' forum has about 600 members, and he's got a total of two subforums

I mean, I'm sure its a possibility, but I think its a bit of stretch to say that we'd need a 4th subforum when we hit 75 members.

One a scale from one to awesome, I'm super-great!
nimrod
Resident Big Thinker
Forum Elder

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2008, 09:50:53 AM »

In my role as Resident Big Thinker nobody ever specified my ideas had to be good I see your point, though I have to say it is hard to keep up with sites like that with so many members and so few forums. 75 members is a too low you're right but I figured some of our members are rather active.

Join the DOMINICI Groups at: last.fm - Facebook - StudivVZ.net (German)
Jamesman
Crown Caster
Inactive

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2008, 08:19:25 PM »

Member colors are showing, color legend is on the forum index, users past 24 hours are now displaying, posts per page is now set to 20 instead of 15, and youtube links should play in-thread just by pasting the URL.

test:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/F2JVQf9ihhs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/F2JVQf9ihhs</a>
Can somebody photoshop this video and take 25 lbs off me?   
No. You look great, and sound great. This just showed me that I want to see you on tour. Please come to West Palm or Orlando here in FL!  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Add bookmark | Print
Jump to: